Saturday Morning...what's happening?

petitepedal

Been picking up stuff around the house...(another not so great sleep night)...had one egg in the fridge...so I am trying the avocado egg bake thing...I have never done it before :wacko:....any suggestions or tips on this one?

Storms came thru about 6:45/7 am ish... we should be nice mid day for a few hours then rain again this evening...

Tea and cooking shows for now...in between bursts of cleaning :D

Running a couple loads of laundry, then I have to drive my wife over to Scottsdale for an appointment. I'll probably take my laptop and try to get some writing done while I'm waiting. Then it's back home, finish the laundry, and make dinner. My life is just soooo exciting...:unsure:

• Heart 1

Went to breakfast with the other church leaders, as we do every other Saturday. Cleaned up the storage building and have been cutting brush for the last 2.5 hours. 

• Heart 2

At the vet with Penny the red. Going to drop her off. She is all out of sorts. They are going to fit her in sometime today. She loves the vet. To the point you have to pull her out of the office. 

Rain and windy here. A bit of snow in the south part of town. WoScrapr has a pumpkin thing today that i think is going to be cancelled. So probably a bit of football is in the cards

Every so often, I add to the safe money I have in CD's or Savings Bonds. I figured out this morning I should wait until November to get another Bond.

I checked the March to September change in the "Unadjusted CPI-U" index and it works out to a 2.48% annual inflation rate.

That determines the next 6-month Interest Rate for Series-I Savings Bonds beginning in November.  The current rate is 1.96%.

But not every bond switches to the new rate in November. When you buy an I-bond it changes rates every six-months. So if you buy in October you get the May-October rate of 1.96% for October thru March, then it changes to the Nov-Apr. rate of 2.48% for the next 6 months. But if you buy on Nov. 1, you get 2.48% for Nov. thru April.  The official rates change in May and November, but your rate doesn't change in those months unless you bought in May or November.

So I will buy a new Bond in November, not October. I've already set it up to be automatically taken from my checking account on Nov.1 at treasurydirect.com.

40 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

Every so often, I add to the safe money I have in CD's or Savings Bonds. I figured out this morning I should wait until November to get another Bond.

I checked the March to September change in the "Unadjusted CPI-U" index and it works out to a 2.48% annual inflation rate.

That determines the next 6-month Interest Rate for Series-I Savings Bonds beginning in November.  The current rate is 1.96%.

But not every bond switches to the new rate in November. When you buy an I-bond it changes rates every six-months. So if you buy in October you get the May-October rate of 1.96% for October thru March, then it changes to the Nov-Apr. rate of 2.48% for the next 6 months. But if you buy on Nov. 1, you get 2.48% for Nov. thru April.  The official rates change in May and November, but your rate doesn't change in those months unless you bought in May or November.

So I will buy a new Bond in November, not October. I've already set it up to be automatically taken from my checking account on Nov.1 at treasurydirect.com.

But not do anything today???

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JerrySTL said:

At the vet with Penny the red. Going to drop her off. She is all out of sorts. They are going to fit her in sometime today. She loves the vet. To the point you have to pull her out of the office. 

You may have a mental problem there, animals are supposed to hate the vet.

We took four grandaughters to the corn maze today. They rode the cow train, played in the hay maze, played in the corn box, took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch and selected eight pumpkins, ate cotton candy, slid down the tube slide down prospector’s mountain, and then we went to lunch at BK. We had a great time. Grandkids are under rated.

C4A7D311-DE63-4043-BAA0-D60A0B3D0542.jpeg

B98E2E24-1921-41A6-A708-6004BA31BE34.jpeg

027B1096-66A9-4F0E-B0AC-11F9032F4351.jpeg

4D72524E-D2B7-451C-8834-7D3B45DDD147.jpeg

3A499918-8042-40FE-AE5F-AE5B5ED1D00E.jpeg

EDB89551-2E59-4154-9429-10D33BC47288.jpeg

10C3DB77-886F-4983-AF89-CEDDE68B6BBC.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

My wife was at a corn maze this morning, did you see here?

We have the top rated corn maze in the country five miles from our house and we never end up setting foot in the maze itself. The girls have too much fun with all the other attractions. I did think I saw some hot babe speeding by but I didn’t get a good look at her because she was moving fast.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Got Penny the Red to the vet. Where she started bleed out her bottom. ruh roh George. Vet does some tests. Thinks might be related to several things. platelets are down. Platelets help with the clotting. She gets a day at the vet, a steroid shot plus some fluids. Vet was not optimistic when i left. Penny is about 14 y/o. We have had her for 7 years. Vet was catiously optimistic when we picked her up Comes home about 4:00 and collapses in the front hallway. 

WoScrapr is sick in bed. Dr going to do a phone call Sunday. 

And we have little brother here this weekend. the one w/Brain cancer

I'm in  a hospital ward

1 minute ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

scooter, when is the mrs. going to get eyelashes for it? :D  That was so cute!

:nodhead: Yadas are sposed to be cute and fun.

But when I only put a zoom zoom sticker on it, she made me take it off. "Its not cute. It has an angry scowl". :unsure:

That little car has met and exceeded all of our expectations for fun. :wub:

653.jpeg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

Saturday the wife and I took full advantage of a beautiful 80 degree fall day in late October and took a ride out to Galena Illinois. :loveshower:

How many bottles of hot sauce did you buy? 

• Heart 1

• 4 years later...