Parr8hed to the Lewis and Clark Bridge Phone

JerrySTL

It took them a while, but I finally got a bill for the toll over the L&C Bridge from May 29th and August 7th. A whole $8 total. I was hoping that they couldn't find me due to my Illinois plates.

Still bothers me somewhat. When I get on a toll road, I expect that there's a toll booth to pay there and then.

On 10/21/2017 at 5:09 PM, Airehead said:

There was no toll booth?  @Parr8hed, what kind of lame idea is that?

It's all electronic.  Looking at license plates and whatnot.  I have a transponder in my truck that will immediately take money out of my account.  If you do it this way it is only 2 dollars to cross.  

On 10/21/2017 at 4:59 PM, JerrySTL said:

It took them a while, but I finally got a bill for the toll over the L&C Bridge from May 29th and August 7th. A whole $8 total. I was hoping that they couldn't find me due to my Illinois plates.

Still bothers me somewhat. When I get on a toll road, I expect that there's a toll booth to pay there and then.

It's fixin' to be basketball season around here.  ain't no one got time to collect tolls.

On October 21, 2017 at 5:09 PM, Airehead said:

There was no toll booth?  @Parr8hed, what kind of lame idea is that?

It's progress. New technology takes humans out of toll collection. No booths to slow down traffic and lower overhead. Transponders get a discount over the photo shoot people, to encourage everyone to get the transponders. All the high occupancy toll lanes here have the cameras.