I have a new favourite apple - Crimson Crisp

Ralphie

4 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I've had some apples named "something crisp".  I don't think it was crimson though.  Anyway, they were extremely hard.  I think I had to use a knife instead of biting into them.  I prefer something not quite so "crisp".  :(

Sounds like them!  Honeycrisp are very good too, but not that hard.

• Heart 1

A few weeks ago we took the grandkids to the apple orchard. They ran around picking all different kinds of apples and we couldnt keep track of which were which. After sampling all the different varieties, my new favorite is semisweet and has the consistency closer to a pear. :nodhead:

Sadly, I have no idea what it is. :dontknow:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, team scooter said:

A few weeks ago we took the grandkids to the apple orchard. They ran around picking all different kinds of apples and we couldnt keep track of which were which. After sampling all the different varieties, my new favorite is semisweet and has the consistency closer to a pear. :nodhead:

Sadly, I have no idea what it is. :dontknow:

Maybe Golden Delicious?

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Apples I buy seem to vary in texture quite a bit.  I like a Gala apple, but they are sometimes too soft or mushy.  But then I'll buy another bag later on at the same store and they are acceptably crisp.  :dontknow:

I think apples get abused by retailers since they store so well, so age is probably the differentiator.

• Heart 1