Throw me your suggestions for something to serve at my party next weekend!

petitepedal

My usual is a Reuben Dip...but I am thinking of trying something different this year...

I have peanuts & candy corn for a couple of snack dishes and with get some triple blend popcorn..plain, cheese & caramel...anything else sweet will come from guests :whistle:

I have 2 different kind of crackers..might get a plain 3rd kind and 3 different cheeses.

A maybe is  hummus

So what do you suggest... do you have a favorite for a fall party?

If you take plain yogurt (with a bit of fat, not no-fat) and place it in a fine mesh strainer for several hrs. in fridge.....it will become a lovely thick healthy dip.  Add minced fresh onion or basil or dill into it or chopped olives. There is your dip. :)  Bring along your veggie crudites. Come to think of you could offer berries, pomegranate seeds for toppings that people can add on their own.

If you strain overnight...it will become thick as cream cheese..but healthier. :runcirclsmiley:It's sooooo easy.

• Heart 1

23 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Okay @Further that sounds good....I am guessing they dice up the chicken...but they don't say :dontknow:  have you made this?

Never made it, had it for the first time this past weekend. the chicken was in little pieces. Tastiest thing at the buffet. 

It hales from Ray's neck of the woods, he may have some advice.

• Heart 1

Stuffs dated.  Toast some whole almonds and stuff the whole dates (with pits removed), then fill with Marscapone.  Wrap each one in a piece of prosciutto.  Brush with maple butter and toast in oven.  Serve warm or nice cooled too

or, just half them, fill with Marscapone and honey mix, then top each one with chopped toasted hazelnuts

• Heart 4