I went glamping again.

jsharr

Ryan and I were part of the staff for Golden Arrow District Cuboree.  We got to Camp Wisdom on Friday around 4 and started helping the early arrivers get to their camp sites.  We did this until around 10 PM and then took a walking tour of the camp.  Stopped in the radio hut to see how Jamboree on the Air was going.  Scouts from all over the world were talking to each other on the radio.  We then walked to a few camp sites and met a very friendly rat snake.   Finally bedded down around 11 pm on our cots in an open air pavillion where HQ was based.

We got up around 7 am, got breakfast, and then started helping the early arrivers on Saturday get to campsites, set up all the program areas for archery, BB guns, slingshots, javelin and the big three man sling shots.  Also helped the service Troop get all the water coolers to every program area.  Took a break for lunch and then Ryan spent the afternoon working with the staff at the sling shot range.  They were using paintballs as ammo.

Broke for dinner and got all the program areas cleaned up, got all the water coolers back to the activity center and got them washed, bleached and back in storage.  Spent the rest of the evening helping people get to campsites to load up, as many of the cub scouts went home Saturday night after campfire as we were expecting severe weather overnight in the early morning hours.

We moved our campsite to the Activity Center, a large metal building that would serve as the rally point if the weather got bad.  We turned on the exterior lights, opened one of the big overhead doors and turned on a few inside lights so the builing would not be dark

We set up our cots inside the open door so that we would be there is any families need to seek shelter.  Weather hit around 1 am but no one came to our shelters, so we went back to sleep.  Got up at 7 am Sunday, ate breakfast wtih the camp staff and then helped the last few units get out of camp, checked the campsites and cleaned up anything left behind, which was not much, then loaded our district gear into my truck and headed back to storage to put it away until next time.

What did I miss on here?

• Heart 4

OK, Jsharr nice write-up. Good level of detail.  You covered the weather for Petite's sake.  You covered food for Wilbur's sake.  You gave good detail on your daily activities that Maxi will appreciate.  You did however leave out some details.... details RG will be asking about.  Poop, no pooping details.  He will explain to you the relevant importance of that to all the other details.  So before you get reamed for lack of detail please PM them to RG.  The rest of us don't care.

I was glamping.  I used a flushing toilet for all my sanitary needs.  Nothing out of the ordinary for me came out of me.

Breakfast Saturday was pancakes and sausage.  Lunch was pizza.  Dinner was street tacos, pork, chicken or beef, with queso fresca, limes and pico.  Breakfast Sunday was french toast and bacon.

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

I was glamping.  I used a flushing toilet for all my sanitary needs.  Nothing out of the ordinary for me came out of me.

Breakfast Saturday was pancakes and sausage.  Lunch was pizza.  Dinner was street tacos, pork, chicken or beef, with queso fresca, limes and pico.  Breakfast Sunday was french toast and bacon.

TMI