What did I miss while I was gone?

Digital_photog

9 hours ago, smudge said:

What sort of things were you blacksmithing??

Nails, S hooks for hanging pots over the fire and many other uses. Coat hooks to nail to walls, poles, etc.  Tent stakes.  Cooking pot trivets to use over the fire.  Steel dice. Other custom items that campers wanted.  Just about sold out of everything I had made ahead and all I made there.  I think I have 1 screwdriver, 3 s hooks and maybe 20 nails left.

Oh, I also made some stakes to rope off the forge to keep hands away from the hot metal and a nice rack to display items. Those were for myself and I still have them.  I sold so many tent stakes that I had to pull 2 from my tent because someone wanted them.  I need to make more before I set my tent the next time.

I spent $400 on things from others there and came home with as much cash as I went with.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Let's see you missed Wilbur getting a new job but keeping his old one-- kind of.  RG, moving to Colorado to open a dental floss farm but he doesn't know he should be in Montana.  BuffJim got up before BuffCarla--- who slept the day away.  Was Cheese with you?  We have not seen him.

• Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Was Cheese with you?  We have not seen him

If Cheese as there is did not speak to me. :(  I would expect him to at least say hello.  I think I would recognize his camp if he was here since I'm sure his tent would have casement windows and planter boxes with real flowers.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1