Yeah, I think my body hates me.

2Far

So I've been trying to do better. Do some push-aways, increase my gym workouts, increase my daily step count., etc.

A week ago Friday I got on the scale & after it screamed, it read XX0.0. about an 8 pound loss over the last coupla months. Woohoo.

A week ago Sunday started a shutdown so I drove down there at 0430, worked all day, got a bunch of steps, lostsa stairs, etc. Continued there Monday & Tuesday then drove to FL to take over for a guy we sent to the shutdown, lotsa walking. Drove home Friday night.

So for the eightish days from Friday AM to the following Friday PM, according to my Fitbit, I: walked ~104k steps(over 10k a day every day); burned 26K calories (over 3k a day, every day), climbed a bunch of stairs, ~500 active minutes (whatever they are).

So, I get on the scale Friday PM. Now, I know that end of day and end of driving, I'll be a little up. But I was stoked to see the results of the busy week. Get on the scale, and

XX7.0

Mother puss bucket, HTF is that even possible?

• Heart 1

I've been tracking my weight daily and see variances day daily and sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the changes.  A couple of weeks ago I shot up 8 lbs and over a 2 day period was back to normal weight?  I also notice I'm 3-4 lbs heavier at night even when I've been eating well and working out.

I use the fitness tracker on my phone and its interesting to see the graph.  Weight is always highest on Sun & Mon and gradually comes down through the week. Lowest weight is always on Friday.   I know I eat more on weekends than when at work and it shows in my weight fluctuations. 

I'm trying a new thing to hopefully change my habits.

I eat three Pro Bars.  They've gluten free, vegan protein bars.  In total it's just over 1000 calories for the day.  That's it, nothing else to eat.  I am doing that once or twice a week.  What I plan to gain from it is the discipline to not eat as much garbage on other days, kinda the "I worked too hard yesterday, I will not eat that cookie today" mentality.  I think it's working.

10 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I'm trying a new thing to hopefully change my habits.

I eat three Pro Bars.  They've gluten free, vegan protein bars.  In total it's just over 1000 calories for the day.  That's it, nothing else to eat.  I am doing that once or twice a week.  What I plan to gain from it is the discipline to not eat as much garbage on other days, kinda the "I worked too hard yesterday, I will not eat that cookie today" mentality.  I think it's working.

You do well with the discipline though.  I am weak.  If there is a cookie on the counter, I will grab it. :(  

3 hours ago, 2Far said:

So I've been trying to do better. Do some push-aways, increase my gym workouts, increase my daily step count., etc.

A week ago Friday I got on the scale & after it screamed, it read XX0.0. about an 8 pound loss over the last coupla months. Woohoo.

A week ago Sunday started a shutdown so I drove down there at 0430, worked all day, got a bunch of steps, lostsa stairs, etc. Continued there Monday & Tuesday then drove to FL to take over for a guy we sent to the shutdown, lotsa walking. Drove home Friday night.

So for the eightish days from Friday AM to the following Friday PM, according to my Fitbit, I: walked ~104k steps(over 10k a day every day); burned 26K calories (over 3k a day, every day), climbed a bunch of stairs, ~500 active minutes (whatever they are).

So, I get on the scale Friday PM. Now, I know that end of day and end of driving, I'll be a little up. But I was stoked to see the results of the busy week. Get on the scale, and

XX7.0

Mother puss bucket, HTF is that even possible?

Water weight. 

23 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Hardly.  I've been doing way too much candy corn.  Plus, I eat in the middle of the night, almost every night.  Lifelong habit that is really hard to break.

I'm always hungry in the evening and have restructured my eating to when I'm hungry.  Every freaking nutrition guide says a healthy breakfast is important.  But I'm not hungry in the morning... So I skip bfast, eat a light lunch and eat a larger dinner and snack (within reason) at night.  I find I'm consuming fewer overall calories this way, still feel good/not depraved and have lost and am still losing weight.

If you know you will eat in the middle of the night could you restructure your eating to incorporate that?

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

You need GERD so you will be severely punished for eating at night. :D

WoScrapr has GERD. It is terrible to watch her eat a single grape. She is doubled over. Supposed to pick up a script Tuesday. She is down to a size 0. Clerk said you might be a 00. She is too light

I always and only weigh myself in the am. Nekid. I have to pick up something heavy like my laptop on the first weigh. Then let the scale reset and jump on again. Somehow the scale remembers my previous weight and that shows up. So I have to trick it. 

11 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

I always and only weigh myself in the am. Nekid

That's the proper way to do it. You wouldn't believe how much weight those Underoos add. They even put a towel rack at the scale in the locker room at the gym. Guys get out of the shower, dry off, get on the scale and hang their towel on the rack, then they see how much they weigh. Probably 80% of the guys using the scale do this. LOL.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, tybeegb said:

That reminds me.  I'm out of Chocolate Moose Track ice cream.  Need to run, er, drive to the store.  Just kidding.  I feel your frustration.  Just keep at it.

My wife isn’t tempted by any other flavor of ice cream. Lucky for her the stores around here seldom have it.