Not To Be A Jerk

Razors Edge

...or way too anal about this stuff, but you folks are really not using the various other parts of this place properly.

Just in the last 24 hours, we've had at least four very good, informative, and useful topics that were posted in the Cafe instead of somewhere else.  While that got them each more traffic - reads, likes, replies - it also robs them of any sort of long-term life. Also, it makes it so, when someone comes here for bicycling talk, they are unlikely to spot that stuff and will be overwhelmed by our steady stream of non-cycling topics (which are great, BTW).

Maybe there is a mechanism to move the cycling topics to the correct spot after 24 hours or so? It seems like a lot of admin stuff, but it would help build those other areas for the long term health of the "Square Wheels Cycling" forum.

Maybe a new "tag" could be used? Something like "cycling related", which folks have added on their own already?

Tom

3 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

You realize no one beside me (and @pedalphile) will see this suggestion.

I've tried in the past, and always lost.

I feel your pain AND APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORT.

Seriously, folks like to post about the non-bike stuff (me included) and then there is the subset of folks who also have a lot of interest in cycling. The Cafe has a lot of cyclists who post cycling stuff there out of habit, but a lot of that stuff is pretty good info and I think if it gets over into the other forum areas, it helps in the long run.

So, thanks for you support trying to see if this nudge helps.

Tom

• Heart 1

22 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I feel your pain AND APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORT.

Seriously, folks like to post about the non-bike stuff (me included) and then there is the subset of folks who also have a lot of interest in cycling. The Cafe has a lot of cyclists who post cycling stuff there out of habit, but a lot of that stuff is pretty good info and I think if it gets over into the other forum areas, it helps in the long run.

So, thanks for you support trying to see if this nudge helps.

Tom

Generally speaking, people post where it will be read.  

• 4 weeks later...