Going to be a hard slog

Scrapr

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Scrapr said:

The good news just keeps on coming!

WoScrapr had her surgery this week. Surgeon did it laproscopic so a bunch of small incisions instead of a big one. Took right at 5 hours. Surgeon cut about 2/3 of the esophageous then stretched the stomach up to meet. Probably 7-8 days in the hospital. The picture is of the IV tree in ICU post surgery. There is also 2 drains not shown. Now on to the good news. Surgeon was doing rounds yesterday and talked with us privately. He said all the samples sent out for pathology were clean. No cancer!!!  Very very rare case as most have at least a bit of residual. 

I thank you all for your prayers

2018-03-07 13.46.44.jpg

Did they use the machine that goes BING!  

And so happy to hear this wonderful news!  

• Heart 1

39 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Sats are 97, resp rate of 14.  At least that much is good.  :D

Great news about the Bx.  Tell her to keep getting stronger.  Glad I logged in to hear this news.  

I knew you were going to make the murse comment.....

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scrapr said:

The good news just keeps on coming!

WoScrapr had her surgery this week. Surgeon did it laproscopic so a bunch of small incisions instead of a big one. Took right at 5 hours. Surgeon cut about 2/3 of the esophageous then stretched the stomach up to meet. Probably 7-8 days in the hospital. The picture is of the IV tree in ICU post surgery. There is also 2 drains not shown. Now on to the good news. Surgeon was doing rounds yesterday and talked with us privately. He said all the samples sent out for pathology were clean. No cancer!!!  Very very rare case as most have at least a bit of residual. 

I thank you all for your prayers

2018-03-07 13.46.44.jpg

Now that is good news. All the best for rapid healing.

• Heart 1