Crash & Burn

airinpie

14 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Another example of why the ladies around here are more rugged than the boys.  

Nice work, Airin.

..and get your trail tools out to repair any damage that was done to the trail bed.

Peace.   

Says the lady that had to have her pinky finger put in a cast.  Toughen up buttercup.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, smudge said:

THAT's what I did wrong!! When my bike slid out from under me, I wasn't in MUD!  Thanks for the tip, @airinpie!!  :D

P.S. Glad to hear you're ok.

What was the "tip"? Her tipping over? Or did I miss it cause I was staring at her legs?

Tom

Before i got into Mtn biking i was training for a cross race and biffed pretty hard. I was all tore up, dirty and bloody and as I pulled up to my car two guys on mountain bikes were just getting started.  They looked at me and said yeah right on good ride huh?!?!?

I knew then & there I liked the mountain bike culture.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Before i got into Mtn biking i was training for a cross race and biffed pretty hard. I was all tore up, dirty and bloody and as I pulled up to my car two guys on mountain bikes were just getting started.  They looked at me and said yeah right on good ride huh?!?!?

I knew then & there I liked the mountain bike culture.

I've crashed more often on an MTB than on a roadie.  And my miles are like 100:1 in favor of the roadie. I still enjoy MTBs despite the crashing.

Tom

1 minute ago, maddmaxx said:

Camon guys.  I've had crashes that looked like this.  The fire suit saved my ass but there I was being broiled like a lobster inside the suit standing on the side of the track after I got out while trying to shed clothes as fast as possible.

You got the crash part but I got the burn.

But no blood or mud? Just a little discomfort from the heat? You're not going to convince the girls with that story.

Tom

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I've crashed more often on an MTB than on a roadie.  And my miles are like 100:1 in favor of the roadie. I still enjoy MTBs despite the crashing.

Tom

Most of my recent crashes have been on my CX bike.  I've had a couple of near misses on the road and Mtn bike and did get taken out by a dog years ago on my road bike which was probably my worse crash on asphalt.  I ate sheot numerous times on my BMX  bike as a kid too...  

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

The fire suit saved my ass but there I was being broiled like a lobster inside the suit standing on the side of the track after I got out while trying to shed clothes as fast as possible

Did you scream for Tom Cruise?  Why don't you sue to get "Inspired by true events...." put at the start of the movie?  You, MM are my new hero....

rb.jpg

2 minutes ago, Further said:

Which hurt more ?

I have had a few racing motocross that sent me to the hospital, two from ice racing, one from hillclimbing and one on the road but I was not racing at the time. Believe it or not some of the worst road rash was some of the crashes on dirt. 

What I need is some race leathers like this so I can just check off the bones that I broke. 

5d2a39f98f113458a667ff32c14dd412--drag-racing-suits.jpg.d3a436473899d095e7a2662fe48d8ac7.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, BR46 said:

I have had a few racing motocross that sent me to the hospital, two from ice racing, one from hillclimbing and one on the road but I was not racing at the time. Believe it or not some of the worst road rash was some of the crashes on dirt. 

What I need is some race leathers like this so I can just check off the bones that I broke. 

5d2a39f98f113458a667ff32c14dd412--drag-racing-suits.jpg.d3a436473899d095e7a2662fe48d8ac7.jpg

I had an encounter with a tree that had me limping for a week or so, other than that the dirt crashes were just scrapes and mud. The road has put a hurting on me a few times.

16 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

What was the "tip"? Her tipping over? Or did I miss it cause I was staring at her legs?

Tom

Her bike slid out from under her while she was in mud. Mine slipped out from under me while I was on a wet bridge. Tore up my ACL and MCL. Still doing post surgical PT. But I AM back to riding a bike (slowly and gingerly).

• Awesome 1