I am tired.. Only 2 1/2 weeks to go. :)

Wilbur

I don't understand what the big deal is.  Pull back to go up.  Push forward to go down.  Turn left and push left pedal to go left.  Turn right and push right pedal to go right.  Push forward on the lever to go faster, pull back to go slower.  Make sure you put the gear and flaps down before landing.  

I'm a nurse and I could figure this out.:D

• Heart 2

33 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I don't understand what the big deal is.  Pull back to go up.  Push forward to go down.  Turn left and push left pedal to go left.  Turn right and push right pedal to go right.  Push forward on the lever to go faster, pull back to go slower.  Make sure you put the gear and flaps down before landing.  

I got this....I've seen the movie Airplane 

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Automated airplanes take a lot more pilot input.  ;)

12 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Yup.  Just a different airplane Kirby.  New job related. 

You're worrying about nothing and all planes are much the same.....I know about these things.

Forget the studying....I'm sure that you'll pick it up once you get your paunch behind the controls. :)

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Randomguy said:

I think he is spending more time on the flight stimulator, I have seen one of his stewardesses before.

Remember how I hid the good booze and threw tarps over the furniture when you visited..

Some friends don't get the royal treatment off the top.  :)  

10 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

can you do snap rolls in that thing?

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Hell yeah!

My mistake. I should have asked "can you snap roll that thing and live to do it again?"

I wouldn't even has asked Bob Hoover that.  He could do amazing things with planes that were never considered aerobatic.

1 hour ago, Digital_photog said:

My mistake. I should have asked "can you snap roll that thing and live to do it again?"

I wouldn't even has asked Bob Hoover that.  He could do amazing things with planes that were never considered aerobatic.

I watched a live Hoover show at one of Pratt & Whitney's airshows.  The stuff he did with the Shrike Commander was almost all 1G maneuvering.  The ultimate came during his landing.  After shutting down one engine and making a low pass for the crowd he shut down the other engine, performed a bit of no engine aerobatics and then landed still without engine.  He managed his energy to roll to the crowd center, turn in toward the crowd and stab the brakes to make the aircraft "bow" to the crowd.  He and the Commander are legend, the sort that lives forever.

6143h_0.jpg?itok=ZOcfY_nj&c=5af0ecd9d8f307e4da8d138ad2bfcbd7

As an aside, I flew in that same airshow.  :nodhead:  It was not as graceful and not as loud.

Not the right year, but the right plane.

contestsailplane.thumb.jpg.3189b8630f09dff66882282caf13c347.jpg