Walking out of work today, I found $80.00

Further

^this, when I was raising a family and my wife was homeschooling our kids I allowed myself $20 a week for coffee or snacks. I bought a coffee on the way to work and stuck the charge in my pocket. Later at work I went to buy another coffee and didn’t have my money. I figured I would have a long week without coffee. As I was about to leave work I noticed someone had posted that they found money in the parking lot, tell me how much you lost and it’s yours. It wasn’t a lot of money but I was glad to get it back.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

3 minutes ago, Further said:

I stopped at the guard shack and asked about the lost & found. The kid asked what I lost, I told him I had found some cash. His face lit up and he asked $80.00 ? 

"Yep"

"Oh man you just made somebody's day. You don't know how much this means to..."

One of the cleaning people. Probably a big chunk of her check. I got a warm & fuzzy worth way more than $80.00.

:cheerleader::loveshower::cheerleader::loveshower:

• Heart 3

9 minutes ago, Airehead said:

That will get you $160 in good karma.

My wife and I have found money several times since then and tried our best to find the person who lost it and was not successful. One time we were driving through town and my wife said stop. She jumped out of the car and walked over to the gutter and picked up a wad of 5 $20 bills. We went directly to the police station, they were closed. Called them in the morning and told them what we found. They told us to hang on to it and if nobody claimed it in two weeks enjoy it. My wife bought her first ten speed Stuff*Mart bike with it.

I found a wallet on campus my freshman year of college with a girl's drivers' license, student ID from a state uni an hour away, and fifty bucks.  I was glad to make sure campus security got it.  When you're a college student, that cash could mean eating for a week.

• Heart 1

While making a delivery earlier this summer, I found ten dollars laying on the ground by the mailbox. Since it was the only house for half a mile I handed it to the homeowner and said "Here this must be yours." She looked surprised and told me to keep it, but I refused. As per company policy she called the office to pay her bill with her credit card number and I left. When I got back to the office, the girl at the desk handed me $30 and said the customer was so impressed that I found and returned her $10, she added $30 to the delivery charge for my tip. A few days later, she even mailed a thank you card. :)

• Heart 1