blood pressure

Airehead

I've been on Lisoprinil since April. Not real happy about it but I'm exercising more and eating better. Numbers are where they ought to be but have been high the last couple days. I blame that on the weekend drinking. I'm cutting back on that to manage my health better.

Saturday 113/82 58 bpm, Sunday 126/88 54, Monday 137/86 53, Tuesday 137/84 47

my average since April is 125/83 54 bpm

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

Yep.  New guidelines say 130 over 80 is now considered high.  At least, that is what I heard on the news last night.  So now, about half of the people over 40 have high blood pressure.

Buy pharmaceutical stocks of companies that make BP lowering drugs ASAP.

When I hit these levels years ago my doctor took a look at my family history as recommended a choice.  "mild control now" or "major repairs later".  I opted for the mild control and my blood pressure is routinely 110/70 during my office visits.  The problem is finding a doc who is willing to listen to you as you both try to find the proper medication for the mildest control possible.

That includes medication, diet and fitness.

Actually, BP goes up and down during the day and night.  It is not unusual for anyone to have an elevated pressure at certain times of the day, depending on the individual's circumstances.  Checking it once every six months at the doctor's office may not give you a true and adequate indication of your particular BP condition.  If you really want to know what your BP is, you need to buy a quality BP/heart rate tester and check your pressure several times a day.  BP data is based on a resting condition when assessing low/normal/high and should be taken after you have been sitting still for several minutes and not right after eating.  Although my resting BP is typically 110/65, if I have been doing something quite strenuous (for me), I would not be alarmed to see a reading of 135/80.   

24 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Studies have shown that made up numbers are just as good as real numbers.  @Square Wheels has the graphic that supports this. 

So you just like giving Chinese people your cash? We'll give you fake numbers here for FREE! Ah, a fool and his money...

Tom

My last official bp was 112/73. This after walking two miles to my PCP with significant back pain and no meds in my system. All previous readings at the same office under similar circumstances of either riding or walking (without the back pain) resulted in an average reading of 128/80. I don't understand how this thing works.