weekend Cooking or baking

BuffJim

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Ooh, that sounds good! I'll have that!

What's in it?

Make a roux making sure to use real butter.  When it is done add 1 cup of cream and 1 cup of Mik.  Mix in 2 cups of smoked Fontina cheese and 2 cups of spicy Gouda.    Add a. Bock of cream cheese if you are not a snob. Add one or more diced jalapeños. Make them small. You could use a hotter pepper if you want but taste the cheese first. Add more milk if too thick. If you want open a can of Rotel and drain while you are doing this other stuff.  Mix it in.  Some people, think Mr Aire don't think tomatoes belong in cheese so I usually leave them out.    Throw in a box of spirals that you have cooked. Season to taste. Throw buttered cracker crumbs on top. Bake at 375 until it is brown and bubbly.  Exercise before eating. Mr Aire can eat a huge bowl of this. He never gains any weight. 

• Awesome 1

My drama with the pot roast. Or I should say with BuffCarla. First of all she wanted me to put celery in it. Ok. Whatever. I also used beef culinary stock instead of bullion.

Then she asks me if Im gonna peel the potatoes. I’m like no, it’s pot roast. Why would I peel the potatoes? So she peeled just her potatoes.

Then she’s like ‘It’s too yucky outside. Let’s stay home.’ So no gallivanting for us. Just puttering around the house waiting for the crock pot to be done. 

So you wonder why I have so much stress in my life.