Tell me what you need

Square Wheels

Snazzy graphics, but keep the threads and posts simple. I'm actually liking the forums so far.

This I will look into.  I'm not creative or a graphics person, but I do have some ideas of what I'd like the site to look like.

Special titles like "wrench" for people who work at an LBS (hint hint, I don't want to spam just to get rid of "Fred")

I was going to "force" titles upon people based on their post counts, but letting them pick their own, as you have, seemed like a better choice.  One person commented they were "sophomoric", but I think they just came to slam the site and haven't posted since.  All criticism is welcome, it will only make the site better.

Mobile phone integration.

This is where this software shines.  It's built in and works pretty good.  It should automatically detect your browser type and display the mobile version if appropriate.  I even got it to show the full editor for people on an iPad like Miss Aire.

<<One person commented they were "sophomoric", but I think they just came to slam the site and haven't posted since.>>

Incorrect.

And your take is part of why there have not been more posts...but then it is "your" site and "your" opinion.

<<One person commented they were "sophomoric", but I think they just came to slam the site and haven't posted since.>>

Incorrect.

And your take is part of why there have not been more posts...but then it is "your" site and "your" opinion.

You know, no one is forcing you to come over here.  If you don't like then don't bother.  If you want to post and contribute, we would be happy to have you.

But enough with the pot shots.  I used to respect you because you always seemed above this type of behavior.

Incorrect.

So where did all this angst come from?  

I am with Indy, we would be happy to have you, and the 'we' kind of includes you in this whole group identity thing we have developed.  Plus, it is kind of nice here, and the water is fine!

Incorrect.

What exactly have I done to anger you?  It has not been, nor is it now, my intention to anger or alienate anyone.  You commented on the sophomoric titles, I mentioned you could edit them, as you elected to do, yet you bring this up again.  It's not my site, it is our site and we will decide the direction it takes as a group.

The post you referenced at the LF has been deleted and bp warned me about starting similar posts - I have obliged.

I know everyone can't be made happy - here or there - and I'm not trying, but this seems out of character from the posts of yours that I've read at the LF and I would like to resolve the issue you have with me or this site.

<<<One person commented they were "sophomoric", but I think they just came to slam the site and haven't posted since.>>>

Indy and RG,

One thing about the above quote.  The communication in which the word sophomoric was used was a private message to SW.  He chose to bring it public...true he did not identify me but it shows a lack of respect for privacy.   I looked in here just to see how things were going and to see if certain people were signed in as I had intended to comment to them.   But since I took exception SW's above line you see it as taking pot shots.  And Indy you damned well know that I have no hesitation in taking people to task when something gets posted that I take exception to.   

As far as I am concerned, this site is also a work in progress and I am reserving my consideration as to whether I will be a regular participant.

Selah.

<<<One person commented they were "sophomoric", but I think they just came to slam the site and haven't posted since.>>>

Indy and RG,
One thing about the above quote. The communication in which the word sophomoric was used was a private message to SW. He chose to bring it public...true he did not identify me but it shows a lack of respect for privacy. I looked in here just to see how things were going and to see if certain people were signed in as I had intended to comment to them. But since I took exception SW's above line you see it as taking pot shots. And Indy you damned well know that I have no hesitation in taking people to task when something gets posted that I take exception to.
As far as I am concerned, this site is also a work in progress and I am reserving my consideration as to whether I will be a regular participant.
Selah.

Calling people out when they deserve it is one thing. Taking pot shots be it here or the other forum is another and you've been taking random pot shots if you ask me. I'm really starting to think there is something wrong with the water in Wisconsin.

Maybe your intent is to aim at once person, but your approach is coming across as against the forum in general and everyone here.  That, I take exception to.

I see your thread over on the old forum has now conveniently seemed to have gone bye bye.

So apparently Bp agreed with my observation.

Yes, you can upload pictures. On the lower right corner theres a box "More Reply Options" click on it and at the bottom of your post there will be an option to upload. It seems that every time I use this it keeps track of my "previous" uploads because the allowed size keeps shrinking!! What good is the ability to upload if you're going to cumulatively cap it?

Yes, you can upload pictures. On the lower right corner theres a box "More Reply Options" click on it and at the bottom of your post there will be an option to upload. It seems that every time I use this it keeps track of my "previous" uploads because the allowed size keeps shrinking!! What good is the ability to upload if you're going to cumulatively cap it?

Didn't know there was a cap.  That sounds silly and it has been removed.  Upload away.

I would like to be able to edit the post title if I originate a post, is that a possibility?

Sorry, I missed this earlier.

I think you already can.  Click the regular Edit button, then it will open the window directly in the page to edit the post content.  At the bottom right click "Use Full Editor".

Can you edit the Topic Title now?

In that case, just buy me a new bike and will call it good.

I know it's a weird thing to say, but I actually don't need a new bike.  I bought a Roubaix Expert last November and I can't imagine how it could be better.  I don't have trails near my house, so anything but a road bike would not be practical.

I'll manage my financial burden some other way.  I'm sure the IRS would be happy to take more from me - that would be a relief.

People still have fax machines at all?

Yup, we have several in our department, many people still fax us stuff.

SInce you don't seem to have one, sorry about the bike, but I can't send it to you.

Also, I just used all of today's extra money - I sent petite new flooring.  She was into neatly trimmed carpet, but I prefer smooth hardwood - just helpin a lady out.