Leaf time

Ralphie

Man, this is late - the first substantial leaves I've raked this year.  The good news is our township FINALLY has curbside leaf pickup, and it is next week.  The bad news is I'm getting too old to rake!  My body is protesting vociferously. :D

Should I get a blower?  Maybe a battery pack one since the gas ones stink and are obnoxiously loud.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Man, this is late - the first substantial leaves I've raked this year.  The good news is our township FINALLY has curbside leaf pickup, and it is next week.  The bad news is I'm getting too old to rake!  My body is protesting vociferously. :D

Should I get a blower?  Maybe a battery pack one since the gas ones stink and are obnoxiously loud.

We sell blowers. If you're asking me, I'd recommend the biggest hand held gas powered blower you can find. A backpack blower is hard to take on and off, and a small electric blower will take too long. 

Did someone mention moving leaves? I've been using a loader to move leaves in the rain.

The municipalities dump them here, and I've been moving them into rows. We use another machine to turn the rows several more times during the winter.

Next spring they'll be leaf mulch and later compost. A little glimpse into the exciting world of compost management. Or, where your leaves go after you rake them to the curb. -_-

output.jpg

blow.jpg

• Heart 1