When you are not a big football fan

BR46

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I have sat through 3 basketball games in my life.  Only because I had free tickets. :)  

That's the only way I will go to a baseball or football game. I will pay to go to a hockey game. 

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

And their fans wear triangles on their head.  Odd.

And that foam hat will save your life. 

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1995-11-29/news/9511290211_1_plane-crash-cheesehead-crash-sunday-afternoon

And when you drink too much and fall down or need a pillow. 

• Heart 1

If you have free tickets, you have to go, this is the only way to think.  Pro sporting events are spectacles, like chariot racing or gladitorial events, and nobody wants to miss those.  That said, it is cold now, and why wouldn't you just stay warm at home and buy drugs and guns with the money from the scalped tickets?

11 minutes ago, Bubonic Plague said:

That said, it is cold now, and why wouldn't you just stay warm at home and buy drugs and guns with the money from the scalped tickets?

Buy new tires for the race bikes.

• Heart 3

I will watch a hockey game in person. I won’t watch it on TV. We have a junior league team and it is fun to watch future college and pro players. 

I get tickets to Husker games once every couple years. We went to the Ohio State game this year. Tough year to be a Husker fan. 

I havent been a fan of basketball for many years. The style of the game is different and I just don’t like it any more. 

1 hour ago, smudge said:

Are the bleachers cold? Or did you have pads to sit on? Could you actually see? I've never been; not sure I'd care to honestly. I've been to the stadium, just not during a game.

Excellent seats, row 28 end zone seats 1 & 2, no pads to sit on. The only problem was there was no sun where we were sitting and the wind chill slowly chipped away on you. I was fine until about mid way through the 3rd quarter. 

I have a uncle that has been a season ticket holder 55 years and only missed 2 games. Last year he woke up not feeling good but went to the game anyway on the way home he stopped at the hospital to find out that he was having a heart attack. He was back in his seat 2 weeks later never missed a game. 

Wo46 works for a company sponsors a lt of sporting events and every once and a while they have a drawing to give away tickets. A few times Wo46 won tickets for Packer and Milwaukee Brewer tickets. 

I'm not going to say no to free tickets 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

We went to an early spring baseball game, the wind coming off the river was freezing. Luckily the ticket lady knew me and let me go out to the car for blankets. Never went to a game when the weather was if'y again.

I quit deer hunting when I realized I wasn't enjoying freezing my ass off. 

• Heart 1