Today's Broadway hit

petitepedal

22 hours ago, petitepedal said:

20171119_151556.jpg

Went to the local theater here (actually quite good, many equity actors).  The Artistic director wrote a book that was the sequel to Phantom.  Turned it into a musical.  They are showing the "World Premiere"

Don't expect it in a theater near you.

The story was good, until he tried to tie everything together at the end with a "shocking twist" (think Luke I am your father) and people were getting stabbed and shot all over the stage.  The music was not bad, but the lyrics were awful and tried hard to destroy the music.  A shame, because the orchestration of the music was excellent.

I have mp3's of mostly movie musicals, some of which were on Broadway first, including "My Fair Lady," "The Sound of Music," "Damn Yankees," and "West Side Story." I like the old stuff. I've seen some of the newer stuff off-Broadway, including Chorus Line, but usually there's only one song I really like from each one (like "One" from CL and "All That Jazz" from Chicago), so if I want to listen to a whole group of songs, I tend to play the older stuff.