I came back for the holiday

maddmaxx

I'm back for now.  I will not go back into P&R.  I do not want to be bothered with political posts in the Cafe.

While I was gone I discovered this, which is the biggest reason I came back.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I4I92C2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1  2-in-1 Kitchen Mount Stand for 7-13 Inch Tablets/iPad (2017)/iPad Pro 9.7, 10.5, 12.9/Surface Pro/IPad mini

What a wonderful device for the kitchen.  Womaxx has hundreds of recipes on paper stored in binders or unfortunately running around loose.  This mount with a Kindle Fire 8 and an app called paprika puts those recipes at her fingertip on command in the kitchen.  Don't pay any attention to the two additional mounting pockets as it comes with two already.  The stand also stands up on a counter so depending on how your kitchen is organized you have choices.  Ours is mounted to the side of a cabinet near the stove but not over it enough to get hot.

Paprika is a wonderful app for recipe storage.  71PtlzqS4BL.png

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, Bubonic Plague said:

Howdy.  I was actually wondering how you were yesterday.

I'm ok.  The eye drops beat the hell out of me.  The first batch (beta blockers) put my heart into arrhythmia and I almost ended up in the ER.  The replacement drops, after some careful consideration that I never should have had the first ones, simply kick my ass.  I feel very weak and tired in the morning after I take them.  Night time not so bad because I can simply go to sleep.  I may be starting to get used to them as I have been able to take a 2 mile hike each of the last two afternoons.  I hope like hell that I don't have to do these for the rest of my life.

It seems that they pile on top of my normal blood pressure controls.

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I am still not back.  I will take the eye drops, arrhythmia, the Eurythmics, a hot poker in the eye or maybe even a sex scene from Shawshank Redemption before I will do another Initial airplane course again.  

I like The Eurythmics...

• Awesome 1

8 hours ago, Airehead said:

I need this set up. I would Ike a review from Mrs, Maxx

She is very impressed so far with the limited time we've had it.  The biggest problem is getting many of her existing recipes transferred from paper onto the kindle.  Fortunately, if the original is still online, Paprika has the ability to automatically download it via it's own search engine.  The app can go to a site as directed and when you find a recipe.....hit the save button.  Paprika is not free however.  It cost $5 to load it onto the device and register.  Paprika also allows one to edit the recipe and to scale it up or down.

Disclaimer.  I am an unpaid shill.  I like it when I cook as I don't have to balance a book or sheets of paper near the stove in the way when I'm using recipes that I don't remember.

16 minutes ago, Airehead said:

I love this idea-- five dollars seems reasonable/  Does it have to be a kindle?

Nope. They have an iOS app. It would ultimately be best on an iPad Pro big screen or Android equivalent.

We organize our recipes the old fashioned way - three ring binders and PV119 polypropylene sleeves.

Tom

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I love this idea-- five dollars seems reasonable/  Does it have to be a kindle?

No.  Any device from PC to phone, android to apple.  I'm not sure about the price per device/type and I'm only assuming that functionality is the same if not better.  On Kindles be careful as not all older devices are good with all android apps.  In fact even the newest don't like certain apps.  For example I have to run a private app "4 Hue" on my new kindle because Phillips "Hue" smart bulb app won't run even though Kindle is a sort of android.

• Heart 1