first world problem but it still stinks

12string

While winterizing the boat, I saw that the roof on the camper looked odd.  So I climbed up there, yup, it's soft.  It already needs a few hundred dollars of other repairs.  It's a hybrid, it will need new canvas soon also.  So it's time, I am forced to be in the market for a new one.  I don't mind too much, I'm ready to move on from the canvas fold outs, but they gave us sleeping room for 8 without a huge trailer.  I had hoped to wait until my BiL had his own, so we wouldn't need space for his family too.

Needs to sleep six, tow under 10K#, prefer <30'.  Any reccomendations?

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

52659678_Alt03?wid=520&hei=520&fmt=pjpeg

X3

I was thinking along the lines of maxx.

Get a tent for your brother in law and his family, and get a smaller RV for yourself.

If your brother in law still camps with you, you'll know he camps with you because he enjoys your company.

If he doesn't, then you'll know he came along because he enjoyed the free RV.

;)

• Heart 1

There is so much out there for that.  I bought my older bunkhouse for 6,500.  It's in good shape.  We updated from a hybrid.  No More Canvas.  It is a Bobcat 28.  Weighs in at 5,000 dry.  My 1/2 ton pulls it easily.  I am going to watch it close this year.  there is a soft spot on the front and roof that have been sealed, but are still there.  

I would really like a small 5th wheel.  One of the half ton pull 5th wheels. Hopefully I can get another season or two out of mine.

I spent over 20,000 for my camper. It's not the most comfortable to sleep in, but it also serves as my main mode of transportation.

I slept in it for two mountain climbing trips this year in the Adirondacks. Will have to decide what to do for next years trips. Maybe a cheap motel.

Image result for 2016 gmc terrain slt black

I would give it to my BiL, but he can't afford to fix it or buy something to pull it just yet.

I'm not sure I'm a fan of the bunkhouses.  Not sure why, it just seems like it could be a bit of a PITA.  With a BR and a table and couch folding down, I should be able to sleep 6.

Price range?  Really would like to keep it under $20K, this time of year that's not difficult.  So, no Airstream.   Beides, I can only pull 10K#