About every ten years..

Wilbur

For a while, Linda Ronstadt, Dolly Parton, and Emmy Lou Harris did a few albums singing together.  This video is from the Dolly Parton Show in 1975, with Linda singing the lead and Emmy Lou singing backup.  Linda and Emmy Lou go way back to when Linda was near the beginning of her first recording contract and toured with Neil Young and Graham Parsons' "Burrito Brothers" band.  Emmy Lou was Parsons' girlfriend.  When Parsons -who was a major figure in blending country and rock/blues music- died in 1973 (only 26, but years of drug and alcohol abuse), Linda called Emmy Lou to offer condolences and the conversation turned to singing together. Dolly Parton was soon added.

1 minute ago, Airehead said:

Ahh, that's a YouTube video.  I saw a Share button on the search results, if you click that it provides the YouTube link, as soon as you paste it it does this:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 12/16/2017 at 7:21 AM, AirwickWithCheese said:

Ralph, all good but definitely make sure you listen from the 5:30 mark on. 

Wilbur, grab WOWilbur and take her into your music den with no lights and slow dance to this one. If you're unavailable, send her here.    :slow-dance-smiley:

Cheese, the first one was great!  A Mutual Admiration Society from two of my favourite musicians. :)

Haven;t gotten to the second one yet.

Now I did.  Wow!  Lucinda at her best. :)

• Heart 1

6 hours ago, Philander Seabury said:

Cheese, the first one was great!  A Mutual Admiration Society from two of my favourite musicians. :)

Haven;t gotten to the second one yet.

Now I did.  Wow!  Lucinda at her best. :)

From Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. Such a wonderful album. :)