the bike store called

bikeman564™

32 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

What's wrong with Friday?  Can't they build that thing in the morning so you can ride it Friday afternoon.  It just might be the best riding day until April. 

Closed on Friday. It'll be built, but will need tweaking to fit me once I get there, and install cleats.  He discussed possibly meeting me there, but meh. Saturday is good for me.

9 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I am curios about the tubeless.  Using the stock wheels?

Yes, the stock wheels are tubeless ready. They are Cannondale's own tubeless CX rims. Thus far I'm glad I went tubeless on the fatso. I have about 10 friends w/ fatties and they all run tubeless, so it can't be a bad thing. I've flatted a couple times on the fasto, and the size of the hole would definitely of been sealed w/ the sealant. I guess the only down side is, that annually the old sealant dries up, so the wheels need to be cleaned, and new sealant added.

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

Yes, the stock wheels are tubeless ready. They are Cannondale's own tubeless CX rims. Thus far I'm glad I went tubeless on the fatso. I have about 10 friends w/ fatties and they all run tubeless, so it can't be a bad thing. I've flatted a couple times on the fasto, and the size of the hole would definitely of been sealed w/ the sealant. I guess the only down side is, that annually the old sealant dries up, so the wheels need to be cleaned, and new sealant added.

I am thinking of going tubeless on G's Cx bike.  But would get a new wheelset.  I hate the set that's on it now.  They weigh a combined 57 pounds.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, roadiejorge said:

Oh hell yes! That's a cross bike so it needs some time in its element to break everything in. Now if that were a CAAD12 or the Evo then no, don't get it dirty. Also, remember it's a tool not a jewel.

;)

My son doesn’t like to get his cannondale Cx bike dirty either. 

F404EA30-5E27-48C2-9819-822B155F6B35.thumb.jpeg.bf97c967d2776a2f4cf766791529f5cd.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

13 minutes ago, roadiejorge said:

Oh hell yes! That's a cross bike so it needs some time in its element to break everything in. Now if that were a CAAD12 or the Evo then no, don't get it dirty. Also, remember it's a tool not a jewel.

;)

;) I have a CAAD 10...I like to keep that one clean, although it's been thru some down pours :angry:

16 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

Closed on Friday. It'll be built, but will need tweaking to fit me once I get there, and install cleats.  He discussed possibly meeting me there, but meh. Saturday is good for me.

"Install cleats"? Are you going with a new pedal system? Or new shoes? What's the story?

If you are going with a new pedal system, which one and why?

And please post pics when that bad boy is at its new home.

Tom

24 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

"Install cleats"? Are you going with a new pedal system? Or new shoes? What's the story?

If you are going with a new pedal system, which one and why?

And please post pics when that bad boy is at its new home.

Tom

I'm going w/ new shoes and pedals, SPD. This is the typical mountain/CX cleat system of choice from what I see. I use LOOK on my road bike, and my fatso just has platform.  Will do :)

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I'm going w/ new shoes and pedals, SPD. This is the typical mountain/CX cleat system of choice from what I see. I use LOOK on my road bike, and my fatso just has platform.  Will do :)

Yep - that's my impression. I'd love to hear from that segment of the riders here what pedal systems they use. I only have Speedplay, SPD, and cheap platform pedals for my bikes.

Tom

• Heart 1

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Yep - that's my impression. I'd love to hear from that segment of the riders here what pedal systems they use. I only have Speedplay, SPD, and cheap platform pedals for my bikes.

Tom

14 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Speedplay

how do you like these? Friend/fellow rider has them and loves them. I've used LOOK since like forever on my roadie.

Just now, bikeman564™ said:

how do you like these? Friend/fellow rider has them and loves them. I've used LOOK since like forever on my roadie.

I love them. Very easy to get into and out of.

However, the more I ride, the more I feel ALL pedal systems are pretty good. Downside of Speedplays is their "walkability", but on a given ride, I walk about 10'-20' max (from the garage and to the garage). If you do a lot of rides where you put your foot down in muddy or sandy conditions, the Speedplay cleats will get gunked up and need a wire brushing to bring back to full optimization.

If you use Look and like look, I can't see a reason to change. But a new road rider would likely benefit from the very easy and dual entry of the Speedplays. I still see older riders struggle at stoplights as the light turns green and they take 50' to clip back in and are looking down zigzagging. That doesn't happen with Speedplays.

Tom

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Razors Edge said:

I love them. Very easy to get into and out of.

However, the more I ride, the more I feel ALL pedal systems are pretty good. Downside of Speedplays is their "walkability", but on a given ride, I walk about 10'-20' max (from the garage and to the garage). If you do a lot of rides where you put your foot down in muddy or sandy conditions, the Speedplay cleats will get gunked up and need a wire brushing to bring back to full optimization.

If you use Look and like look, I can't see a reason to change. But a new road rider would likely benefit from the very easy and dual entry of the Speedplays. I still see older riders struggle at stoplights as the light turns green and they take 50' to clip back in and are looking down zigzagging. That doesn't happen with Speedplays.

Tom

Thx.  I do like LOOK and they suck for walking, but when I'm out road riding, I'm not walking a lot (as you pointed out). Funny about the zig zag clip-in. This does happen once in awhile to me :D

19 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Hey now be nice to the older riders. This older rider only had trouble when he was younger.

"Older" as in riding for a while. I'd say "experienced", but I sort of feel like clipping in is something more experienced riders don't struggle too much with (but we all can still struggle occasionally!).

And, I don't think there is a not "older" rider on this forum. When I say older, it is all of us.

And, it might be telling, but I rarely see "younger" (20-35) riders these days. Kids, yes. And MAMIL/MAWILs are like 90% of the roadie population these days.

Tom

• Heart 1