51 million people traveling today

petitepedal

6 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I have a friend who travels a lot. To kill time in the airports she likes to imagine what the other travelers are doing. Here is one of her stories from a couple weeks ago. I thought of Parr8 when I read this.

DC43AAF8-5C48-4E01-81FC-2D2E796DCABC.png

I don't see a problem here. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

Packing today, travel tomorrow. Shouldn't be much traffic on Turkey Day but who knows. The 26' uhaul  is a new F600 with a 10 cylinders it it's a gasser and will be slow going up the mountains of WV and MD. Probably take 12 hours to get home. Unpack beds when we get there and the rest to storage on Friday.

• Heart 2

Just now, Old#7 said:

Packing today, travel tomorrow. Shouldn't be much traffic on Turkey Day but who knows. The 26' uhaul  is a new F600 with a 10 cylinders it it's a gasser and will be slow going up the mountains of WV and MD. Probably take 12 hours to get home. Unpack beds when we get there and the rest to storage on Friday.

Good luck!  Enjoy feeding those 10 cylinders.  Are you pulling your f150 on a trailer?

When I get in the gas on my 150 my wife will look at me and roll her eyes.  My kids will say "Daddy needed to feed the turbos.  They are HUNGRY!"  Or they will say "Let 'em eat dad!"

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Shouldn't be much traffic on Turkey Day but who knows.

That is what I thought, until I spent 3 hours and 15 minutes of my life on Thanksgiving driving 58 miles.  That was in CA, though, from Carlsbad to Irvine.  I was pissed.

You should be good, though, you are driving through farmland.  Enjoy Ohio while you can.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

51 million people traveling today

I'm guessing that is just Americans and just over a certain distance.  I'd put the most accurate number in the BILLIONS!

Remember, this forum has Brits and Canucks and assorted other nutty nationalities checking in.

Tom

• Heart 1

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

300 miles over the river and through the woods today and back on Saturday. NWS predicting a crappy travel day on the NY State Thruway on Sunday. 

Where is that?  I'm thinking of going to Lake Placid from Friday-Monday and I'm seeing a chance of "snow showers' but estimated at less than an inch or two of snow.  Is bad weather predicted elsewhere in the state?

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I have a friend who travels a lot. To kill time in the airports she likes to imagine what the other travelers are doing. Here is one of her stories from a couple weeks ago. I thought of Parr8 when I read this.

Or she could try this trick from Canada and have an accordion sing along.

• Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Where is that?  I'm thinking of going to Lake Placid from Friday-Monday and I'm seeing a chance of "snow showers' but estimated at less than an inch or two of snow.  Is bad weather predicted elsewhere in the state?

They backed off on the Lake Effect snow predictions for Sunday. Lake snow shouldn’t  get to Lake Placid anyways. 

On 11/22/2017 at 8:19 AM, Parr8hed said:

Good luck!  Enjoy feeding those 10 cylinders.  Are you pulling your f150 on a trailer?

When I get in the gas on my 150 my wife will look at me and roll her eyes.  My kids will say "Daddy needed to feed the turbos.  They are HUNGRY!"  Or they will say "Let 'em eat dad!"

Wo7 drove the F150 and blocked cars so I could pass slower trucks. We were a team today. The Uhaul did better than expected. Cruise control ran that engine at 4k rpms and never dropped below 65 up the steepest hills. The 50 gallon tank needed filling twice. Total was 90 gallons, $178 over 520 miles. 6 mpg and the truck was loaded. Cost of doing business $178, getting out of Ohio, priceless.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1