Reminder to all the cold weather riders out there

bikeman564™

I read a memoir by a guy who was a batboy for the Yankees. First day, he's in the locker room and Don Matingly says "kid, I need a lefthanded bat stretcher. The Red Sox have one in their locker room. Go get it." The Red Sox manager doesn't miss a beat. He says they don't have one. Gives the kid some money and sends him to a local sporting goods store. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Will you go to the tool room and get me the muffler bearing tool?

A friend told me of his time in technical school. The teaching staff got all service on their cars for the cost of parts. One instructor would always ask them to check the muffler bearings every time he came in for an oil change. I guess the guy was a jerk in many other ways. One day the shop instructor put the guy’s car on the lift, drilled a hole in the exhaust pipe at each end of the muffler. He screwed in some grease zirks and pumped in a bunch of grease. He said “that should take care of the muffler bearings”. His car smoked for over a week!

You would think the guy would learn a lesson. No. Not sure what triggered the next one, but the instructor wired his horn to the brakes. Every time he hit the brakes, the horn would honk!

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1