What do you know about convertible pants?

Randomguy

9 minutes ago, az_cyclist said:

I never had a pair.  Do they attach with velcro?

I had a pair years ago, but the material was too heavy, so they always felt hot.  I was recently re-gifted a pair of convertible pants that fit well.  I kind of like them, but kind of wish they weren't convertible.

That may change if/when they prove their utility, I try to keep an open mind.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I had a pair years ago, but the material was too heavy, so they always felt hot.  I was re-gifted a pair of convertible pants that fit well.  I kind of like them, but kind of wish they weren't convertible.

That may change if/when they prove their utility, I try to keep an open mind.

I would like another pair of cargo pants.  they are great for long flights.

• Heart 1

Just now, donkpow said:

I don't remember exactly. I just remember the zippers gave me discomfort. The pants came from Banana Republic back in the eighties, if that means anything.

They still had some short shorts in the eighties. I actually liked them short, styles change but the idea of shorts was to get rid of hot long legged pants so what's with the below the knee jobs they have out now? :scratchhead:

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

They still had some short shorts in the eighties. I actually liked them short, styles change but the idea of shorts was to get rid of hot long legged pants so what's with the below the knee jobs they have out now? :scratchhead:

I wore them out so I got good use out of them. I just never bought another pair. I would expect to see Columbia Sportswear to have some now days.