Hey SW! Is Mt Washington Back On For 2018???

Razors Edge

Oh No.  Here we go with the Mt Washington threads.

OK Razor you get a wee bit of grace on this on 'cause, well, you're a noob and we like n00bs (SW said we aren't allowed to drive them away anymore).  So here goes - we banned Mt Washington threads many many many months ago.

2 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

OK Razor you get a wee bit of grace on this on 'cause, well, you're a noob and we like n00bs (SW said we aren't allowed to drive them away anymore).  So here goes - we banned Mt Washington threads many many many months ago.

So the ban is lifted?!?!?!?! HUZZAH!!!!!

Mt Washington 2018 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH Mt Washington 2017 or earlier.

Tom

• Awesome 1

I am planning on the hill run in June and the century in July.  If I am super fit and have lost weight, I will consider the hill climb in August.  For me, it was brutally hard.  I did walk the steepest mile in the middle, that made me sad.  For that reason I'd like to take another shot at riding from bottom to top.

It's really easy to get in to the ride.  I don't think they are selling out anymore, at least not for a couple of months.  I know in the past it was hard to get in.  The run is hard, it's a lottery system.  I've gotten lucky for the last two years on the run.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Kzoo said:

I liked the Mt. Washington (biking) threads!  We need more of those.

I don't care much about running, though, so while they are nice to get an update twice a year on running, nowhere enough focus was on riding up the damn thing.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I liked the Mt. Washington (biking) threads!  We need more of those.

I don't care much about running, though, so while they are nice to get an update twice a year on running, nowhere enough focus was on riding up the damn thing.

I wrote a long write up and included pics just for you, you ingrate.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

29 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I did walk the steepest mile in the middle, that made me sad.

Perspective, sir.  You did not have a 'DNF' after your name.  And while your effort didn't meet your wishes, you did not give up and you did what you had to do to finish.

Most people have meltdown on their facebook page when they have to walk more than the width of 15 parking places from their car into Starbucks.  Let alone walking a mile.  Up a steep hill.  In bike shoes.  Pushing a bike.  After riding up a hill, and then getting back on the bike after walking the mile.  Already.

I would suggest you put your disappointment aside, take satisfaction from what you did accomplish, and if you perceive any shortfall then turn that into a lesson and into motivation for the next ride.

Which, I suspect, is superfluous advice because you've already done that.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

53 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I am planning on the hill run in June and the century in July.  If I am super fit and have lost weight, I will consider the hill climb in August.  For me, it was brutally hard.  I did walk the steepest mile in the middle, that made me sad.  For that reason I'd like to take another shot at riding from bottom to top.

It's really easy to get in to the ride.  I don't think they are selling out anymore, at least not for a couple of months.  I know in the past it was hard to get in.  The run is hard, it's a lottery system.  I've gotten lucky for the last two years on the run.

So, the ride is easy to get into. The run is more a lottery. And the hill climb is ....?

And what is different between the ride and the hill climb? Does the ride not include the climb?

Tom

Just now, Razors Edge said:

So, the ride is easy to get into. The run is more a lottery. And the hill climb is ....?

And what is different between the ride and the hill climb? Does the ride not include the climb?

Tom

You're just doing this to upset the rest of us, aren't you?

• Haha 1

Just now, Longjohn said:

We need to make sure we never drive TK away. He is the voice of reason on the forum. I love his posts, he is an encourager and makes well thought out posts.

He's much to sensible for my likes.  I don't really mind the guy but he's right way too often.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Tom

Sorry, the hill climb is the ride.  Yes, if you want in, you'll get in.  If 5 or more people here do it, I'll commit to training for it.

@Thaddeus Kosciuszko, I love you.

• Heart 1