My parents had one of these

Randomguy

31 minutes ago, shotgun said:

My parents never owned cars when I was growing up.

My parents got by with only one car until I was sixteen and bought a car. Then dad bought a truck for hauling stuff and going fishing. I think it was a 1964 Chevy stepside. I used it more than he did hauling my motorcycles to the races.

We had a couple!  I vaguely remeber riding in a Vista Cruiser once, but it must have been borrowed or rented or something.

Then was a 1966 dark blue Pontiac - not sure of the model but it had those nice vertical headlights and beautiful chrome gauges inside.  Something had happened to the pain so it was all gritty and dull - absolutely horrible!  The damn thing always smelled like exhaust too and not just a little!  Even so, we loved it for going to the kart races, pulling a trailer and packed with equipment and people.  Later on it developed a problem where the automatic transmission would not shift oot of second until aboot 70 MH!  Bizarre, but ultimately fun for teenagers!  The downside is that it would then stay in the high gear at low speeds.  Totlal POS but so ful of character since it looked a lot like a GTO. :)

Then the last was a 70s blue cheby with a 350 V8 and 3 on the column.  Man, was that fun!  That car could really move. :)  Sadly we only had it for a short while. :(

• Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

My parents got by with only one car until I was sixteen and bought a car. Then dad bought a truck for hauling stuff and going fishing. I think it was a 1964 Chevy stepside. I used it more than he did hauling my motorcycles to the races.

We always had something to drive.