Thanksgiving as perceived by foreigners

pedalphile

1 hour ago, pedalphile said:

In foreign lands: boring. No1 posting, every1 having too much fun to bother with the forum.  Reminds me of the stupid rest days in Le Tour de France when I don't know what to do with mesen.

but anyway, y'all have lurvly day and I'll catch you next week.

I suggest a foreign take-over of this dump.  How hard can that be while they are overdosed on tryptophan? :)  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I suggest a foreign take-over of this dump.  How hard can that be while they are overdosed on tryptophan? :)  

If there's a time to take over it's later today when most people will be in a food coma. By the way, carbs are the main culprits of food comas.

7 hours ago, pedalphile said:

In foreign lands: boring. No1 posting, every1 having too much fun to bother with the forum.

Consider what a compliment this is to the Americans on the Forum!  We take a day away from the Forum to give thanks and spend time with our families, and the Forum becomes a complete bore.  In other words, the original post is saying the Americans bring considerable life and energy to the Forum, which is a very kind thing to say indeed.

And, if you would please, consider what the original post is saying in terms of a systems-thinking perspective.  If Americans take time away from a Forum for Thanksgiving and the Forum becomes a bore, what happens to the global economy when American businesses shut down for the day?

By extension one can easily see how business around the Earth could become a 'bore' as well without the engine of American business bringing its life and energy - and money - into the global economy.  There are businesses across the world who see their shipments, orders, and cash flow take a dent on Thanksgiving, to be sure.

So, since today is Thanksgiving, it is more than appropriate to say 'Thank you!' for the kind recognition made to the liveliness Americans bring to the Forum, and by extension to again say 'Thank you!' for the homage paid to contribution the American economy brings other nations.

• Awesome 1