11/26 miles & such

bikeman564™

4 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

First ride in a long time. 17.3 miles, 1:06. 50ish and windy. It seemed like I was the only one in shorts and no jacket. I did wear a wicked good base layer made by Craft with a wind block membrane under my cycling jersey but it seemed like everyone else was dressed for temps in the 40's. I stole some taars off of my son's bike in Ohio and mounted them on the AWOL. He wasn't riding his bike anyway. I replaced the stock Specialized Ground Control taars (29 x 1.9"/48 cm) with Continental Cyclocross taars (700x35). Wow what a difference in rolling rubber. New taars are pictured below.

Ha. I was in tights, a thin long sleeved base layer, a regular jersey, my wind vest, and my lightest full finger gloves. It is a hard temp for me to dress for - nice in the sun, cold in the shade, so I erred on warmer. No toe covers yet or ear protection, but that is coming.

22 miles @ 17.3mph.

I remember the Specialized Turbo tires that came with my original Roubaix. Naively, I kept them on instead of immediately swapping them out. Research and then lots of riding got me through Gatorskins (overkill), Michelins Pros (pretty nice), and now Conti GP4000s (great - all versions of them - regular, S, & II).

Tom

• Heart 3