Have you been eating too damn much lately?

Randomguy

There was a birthday this week past at our house.  Tradition is a triple layer chocolate cake (from scratch) with chocolate icing (from scratch).  It was perfect with five of us.  Now with just me and WofZeph here, and her only wanting 'a little piece with coffee', I have bore the brunt of the calories.  :(

• Heart 2

8 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I have.  I gained a bunch of weight in VA and OH, lost a bunch of it in CO, and then gained it back in CO.

I was good yesterday for the most part, and will abstain until dinner, I think.  My pants have been shrinking, you see, so I will drop 10lbs by the end of the month.

Do you have a good belt? That will help.

Tom

• Heart 1

28 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

There was a birthday this week past at our house.  Tradition is a triple layer chocolate cake (from scratch) with chocolate icing (from scratch).  It was perfect with five of us.  Now with just me and WofZeph here, and her only wanting 'a little piece with coffee', I have bore the brunt of the calories.  :(

Way to take one for the team!!

• Heart 4

3 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

We had two Thanksgivings and so I figured my weight would go up a bit and it did go up a fee lbs but I got it back down. 

210 today which is my new normal. I'm in a 36" pant but they have a little room now, Lg shirt.  I was 236 lbs, 40 pant and XL shirts were snug.

I think 36 is the new 38. I always wore a 34 x 36 jeans. The 34s started getting too snug so I went to 36s. Then when I needed some new jeans I tried on some 36s and they wouldn’t stay up. I ended up back with 34s. I remembered sticking some of the 34s that were in good condition in the closet in the spare room. I got them out and nope, still too tight. The new 34s fit perfect, the old ones nope.

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I think 36 is the new 38. I always wore a 34 x 36 jeans. The 34s started getting too snug so I went to 36s. Then when I needed some new jeans I tried on some 36s and they wouldn’t stay up. I ended up back with 34s. I remembered sticking some of the 34s that were in good condition in the closet in the spare room. I got them out and nope, still too tight. The new 34s fit perfect, the old ones nope.

I agree sizing has changed.  I weighed 190 about 10 years ago and have some 36 pants from then.  I can wear them but they are a bit snug.  Soon.... 

• Heart 1

Ok, I think I can do this without too much difficulty.  For starters, I had been eating a lot of super-salty stuff, so if I back off from that I should be able to drop a pound or so just from that, and I had been eating a lot of grainy things and sugar, and when I stop those, I generally drop 2-3 lbs within 3-4 days.

Not eating during the day today is another half pound right there, as I usually eat 3000-4000 calories a day.  That means that right off the bat, I can be down 4 - 4 1/2 pounds in the few few days, so that is a good head of steam to start things off with.

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Did you have that peanut butter cup yet :whistle: :P

Nope, that will have to wait until treat time, maybe tomorrow or later in the week once I have earned it.

It is a special treat, because it is two massive Reeses King Cups.  I wish they had the ones with peanuts in them.  :(

1 hour ago, Zephyr said:

Share it with the needy who are begging on your streets.