Sitting in the hospital...

UglyBob

7 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

It looks like they are going to do a partial hip replacement--just the ball. He's in pretty good shape for 85, so no problems are expected.  Still, I can't help but worry. 

This is a good outcome, maybe he had some previous deterioration to the hip anyway.  Strong at 85 is good!

Finally home from the hospital for the night. He came through everything fine and is back in his room. They are saying he should be in the hospital 3 to 5 days, and with then go to a rehab facility. I believe they will be sending him to the one right across the street from where they live, so my MIL will be able to go any time she wants. Again, thanks to everyone for their support.

• Heart 2

59 minutes ago, UglyBob said:

Finally home from the hospital for the night. He came through everything fine and is back in his room. They are saying he should be in the hospital 3 to 5 days, and with then go to a rehab facility. I believe they will be sending him to the one right across the street from where they live, so my MIL will be able to go any time she wants. Again, thanks to everyone for their support.

Good news UB.  Sorry for the stress you and MrsUB have been through.  Very best to your FIL and family. 

19 minutes ago, Airehead said:

How are things this morning @UglyBob

I haven't heard anything yet this morning. He was in a lot of pain last night, but they're managing it. I have to give some big kudos to the place they live. A couple of years ago, they moved into a independent living facility that's quite nice. They do a lot of education for the residents. Not too long ago they had someone talk about falls and how to minimize injury when it happens. When I talked to FIL before he went in to surgery yesterday, he told me how he remembered what he was taught, pulling his forearms up in front to protect himself instead of putting his hands out and possibly breaking his wrists. He was also able to hit a button to alert the staff. They had a nurse present almost immediately, and the fire department in under five minutes. 

• Heart 1