what do you wish you still had from your​childhood?

bikeman564™

when my belongings went into storage after my mom died...some nasty people broke into my trunk...not any of the boxes...but the trunk and basically had soft stuff protecting photos...My Ann doll of Raggedy Ann & Andy was stolen...and I do not have the heart to cross dress Andy but I still have a couple of Ann dresses...I am not 100% sure but the I believe the lady down the street from us made 2 pairs of them for me & my big sister. She also made extra close for Ann..Andy wears the same thing..day after day...

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Kirby said:

My Dad, and the summers up in the Catskills - one of the few times this city girl could ride her bike, play in the streams, go for long walks and let my imagination run wild.  We didn't get tv reception, so I'd have nights playing cards with my Mom and Grandma, or reading a big stack of books I'd bring up with me for the summer.  In the afternoons, I could ride my bike down to the general store and get ice cream sandwiches to bring back to my Mom.  :nodhead:

this all sounds nice :) 

• Heart 2

Though I loved biking as a kid..I never developed an attachment:  I had to share it with several other sisters.

I miss my street where I grew up...older homes...lovely mature maple trees and others.  So lovely in autumn.  I loved my street at that time of the year.  The maple tree grew in front of my bedroom window. So the room would be awash in golden autumn glow with the sun filtering through.  I wrote poetry, inspired when a teen, about fall.

• Heart 2

Mostly I miss a world with a lot fewer people and a lot fewer dangers.  I grew up in farm country.  We could bike anywhere, accept rides from strangers when going to the next town over, hunt (with farmers permission) even at the age of 13 or 14, take care of ourselves for a couple of days in the parents had to go somewhere.

• Heart 3