Sunday miles

Parsnip Totin Jack

Rode a flat 40 along the coast with the missus.  Kinda chilly in the 50s but warmed up to the mid 60's.  Very little wind which was nice.

Since there was no wind nor hills I wanted to get a good effort in so time trailed a 5 mile section keeping speed between 22 -23 MPH. The rest was riding around 15 avg with wife.

• Heart 2

Took RG to the gym with me....I still have to do 2 exercises at home...(bridge and stability ball crunches..) but I had a good work out....On the plus side of all of this (working out that is..) I went to my neighbors for a bit and she took a second look and said "you are losing weight"  :cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:  If I had a quarter...I would have given it to her :nodhead:

• Heart 4

16 hours ago, Old#7 said:

A early Spring like day today. Cool at the start (9 am) but it warmed as the sun burned off the rain that fell over night. We rode 34 miles in 2:01, 16.75 avg with 1,157 feet climbed. Jamey had to pee so we stopped at a Starbucks in Reston. He wanted a small latte. I asked, small, not tall? He said, "you'll have to wait for me to finish the extra coffee and I'll just have to pee later." I placed the order while he went to pee. The cashier also questioned the size choice. Small is an unusual order. I told her verbatim what Jamey said. I then told her to write "Sue" on the cup. She refused at first but agreed that it would be funny. I had a quad espresso. We rode to Lake Fairfax to watch some cyclocross at the Capital Cross races. Parr8hed needs to bring his son here next year. Great cross course at the park. There were lots of young people riding nice cross bikes and nobody got their panties in a twist because we all know that grass regrows. Beautiful day for cross races and heckling riders. Finished the ride and went home to shower and go get some shrimp. Making BBQ shrimp at Jeff and Ambrosia's tonight; they're grilling steaks. Hope you all got some miles in.

Maybe I will bring him!  

17 hours ago, Old#7 said:

We rode to Lake Fairfax to watch some cyclocross at the Capital Cross races. Parr8hed needs to bring his son here next year. Great cross course at the park. There were lots of young people riding nice cross bikes and nobody got their panties in a twist because we all know that grass regrows. Beautiful day for cross races and heckling riders.

I pretty much miss this race EVERY BLOODY YEAR. I'm either away or, since this is both holiday AND birthday season for my group, all the other stuff comes first.  Perfect weather yesterday, too. I rode Saturday which was less pleasant, but also much quieter.

Tom

26 minutes ago, Old#7 said:

Lake Fairfax has RV sites and the Old#7 abode will be available than also.  I don't know where that is yet, we move April/May to a larger house. Wife of 7 is already looking on Zillow.

And tent sites! With the rebuilt bathrooms, the skateboard park, the miles of MTB trails (even a new one being built next weekend), the carousel, water park, and the assorted ball fields (soccer, cricket, baseball/softball), there is quite a bit to occupy their time and make it not truly roughing it.

Tom

21 hours ago, Old#7 said:

Lake Fairfax has RV sites and the Old#7 abode will be available than also.  I don't know where that is yet, we move April/May to a larger house. Wife of 7 is already looking on Zillow.

Sounds like a plan.  Remind me next year in enough time to book sites, etc.  Maybe I will be in riding shape by then as well.  

• Heart 2