Down almost 20

jsharr

Any pound off is great, congrats!

I too was around 250, I think I'm shorter than you.  I never imagined I'd be under 200 again.  This year I have worked hard to make sure I did not go back over 200.  I bounced between 190 and 198.

My goal now is 175.

Don't say things like "I could not imagine...", it will set you up for failure.  Instead think, I will weigh xxx by xx/xx/xxxx, how will I get there?

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Square Wheels said:

Any pound off is great, congrats!

I too was around 250, I think I'm shorter than you.  I never imagined I'd be under 200 again.  This year I have worked hard to make sure I did not go back over 200.  I bounced between 190 and 198.

My goal now is 175.

Don't say things like "I could not imagine...", it will set you up for failure.  Instead think, I will weigh xxx by xx/xx/xxxx, how will I get there?

Good points.  200 here I come.  

33 minutes ago, jsharr said:

244 in boxers this morning.  Sub 250 fully clothed.  Was up over 260.  Hoping for 230 by next checkup on 01/25/2018.  A bit more active but primarily really cutting out the between meal and evening snacks.  I think 225 will be my goal and then we will see from there.  I could not image 200 or sub 200, as even in my high school football days and college days, I was over 200 with a 32 to 34 inch waist.  Between a 38 and 40 right now.  40s will not stay up without a belt.

How tall are you? 6'6"+?

Tom

What wheels said.  A target gives you something to aim for.  My original goal was "wedding weight" as I Was 24 when I got married, then when I passed that I looked at "Training Grad Weight".  If you don't have a goal, it can be too easy to accept where you are.

Good for you.  I, like you, found snacking and evening food choices were my downfall.  Keep it up and you'll be biking up Everest beside the Great Square One before you know it

10 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

How tall are you? 6'6"+?

Tom

6' 00" and built like a linebacker or lineman.  Chest has been 44" or larger since high school.  Neck has always been around 20".  I am big even when I am not carrying extra weight.

Highschool  32" waist and 200 plus

No automatic alt text available.

10 years out of high school, around 225

Today around 250 ish

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

39 minutes ago, jsharr said:

6' 00" and built like a linebacker or lineman.  Chest has been 44" or larger since high school.  Neck has always been around 20".  I am big even when I am not carrying extra weight.

Today around 250 ish

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling

When they make the movie of your life, Tom Hanks will be the automatic choice.

39 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Today around 250 ish

One thing is that you carry that weight well. Even at 250, the coat and tie look sharp.

225 with a linebacker's build - muscle not fat - seems pretty realistic and reasonable.

Tom

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Well, Mr. Hanks, it isn't easy to drop weight, it is commendable that you are all after it like this.  How are you doing it?

I am not eating a shit ton of shit after dinner.  I am trying to watch portions at lunch and breakfast, make better choices and be a bit more active.  Stress and genetics are going to kill me if I don't do something.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, jsharr said:

I am not eating a shit ton of shit after dinner.  I am trying to watch portions at lunch and breakfast, make better choices and be a bit more active.  Stress and genetics are going to kill me if I don't do something.

I am usually fine during the day.  It all goes to hell if I get super hungry or tired or there are treats within easy reach, then I get into the overeat, then sleep like crap from reflux cycle.