Do you think the ecosystem in your left ear is roughly the same as that in your right ear?

Randomguy

Nope. My left ear can’t hear a certain sound. What’re the pitch/tone that crickets and the like make, I can’t hear in my left ear. During the summer when the windows are open, if I am laying on my right side it’s totally quiet. Roll over and all I hear are the bugs outside.?

• Heart 1

Not the same.  I am going with my right ear being much more yucky than my left.  I am right handed and therefore more likely to put my right hand/finger in yucky stuff (or my nose) and at some point put that filthy petri dish of a finger in my ear.  On the other hand, my little used left hand(See what I did there?) remains pure as the driven snow

• Heart 1

21 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Nope. My left ear can’t hear a certain sound. What’re the pitch/tone that crickets and the like make, I can’t hear in my left ear. During the summer when the windows are open, if I am laying on my right side it’s totally quiet. Roll over and all I hear are the bugs outside.?

May those bugs are earwigs?

16 minutes ago, Ltdskilz said:

I'm really kind of hoping neither ear has that much of an ecosystem.

I am thinking they do.  I am right handed, but the right ear always seems to be good.  The left ear gets the finger way more often and I have to clean and degrease the crap out of it.

• Heart 1

Mine both produce too much wax and too many hairs.  I might start collecting samples and comparing over time to see if there is a noticeable difference in production. I'd like to know which of my ears is the "RG" and which is the "SW" of my hearing organs. Based solely on outward appearances, I am leaning towards the left ear being "RG" and the right (slightly thinner) being "SW".

Tom

26 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

I think they're pretty different.  The Q-tips come out very different shades of green.

That's easy, but you now have to decide which side is "maddmaxx" and which is "Kirby".

Does one seem more ornery than the other?

Tom

20 hours ago, Zackny said:

Weird.  Did you get a medical opinion on why you only have hearing loss in the summer?

• Heart 2

22 minutes ago, 12string said:

Sorry

My left ear only works below about 200Hz, and about 20% volume.  Results of a broken nose when I was younger.

I guess I'm not the only one with a hearing problem

So, I suppose you use that broken nose story to explain your poor grades in school and your inability to land a good paying job.

1 hour ago, 12string said:

Weird.  Did you get a medical opinion on why you only have hearing loss in the summer?

Nope, but it does come in handy when I want to ignore someone.?