Numbers....

petitepedal

2 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

you can't even give me lights to break....

User error

1 minute ago, bikeman564™ said:

I dropped 20 cycling my ass off

I agree, extreme exercise will result in weight loss, as long as it's not accompanied by calorie replacement, because you either "need" or "deserve" those calories.

• Awesome 1

26 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

Maybe it is Windows 10....I got nothing using Control and F5  :dontknow:  you just don't like me  :P

Shouldn't be Windows 10.  Since everyone else can see it, it's a setting on your PC.  It's just a simple JavaScript, so something is blocking  it.

Can you try a different browser?  Chrome maybe?

Just now, BuffJim said:

I lost my weight loss mojo that I had in October and part of November. Clothes are getting snugger. Need to get the mojo back. This time of year our suppliers send us many high sugar goodies and I have to avoid all that crap.

I didn't have time for the gym at all for the month of training.  Didn't gain weight but lost some muscle mass.  Did a lot of body weight exercises and ran stairs where I could though. 

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Sorry to be a poop, but it's unlikely you've gained much, if any muscle mass in those three weeks.

Losing weight has very little to do with exercise.

Coupla things.  Most folks can gain a pound of muscle a week if they are really getting after it, at least for two or three months (depending on size/age/capacity to recover), after that is when you really have to be a rockstar to gain muscle at a similar rate.  Secondly, when you do attack a workout strategy that is new or newish, those damaged/recovering tissues tend to hang onto more squishy water weight for a while, too, that whole DOMS thing is pesky.

The increased metabolic rate for muscle burn/muscle building is exponentially greater than aerobic activity, which is why if you want to really get lower body fat and not skinny fat, you positively have to strength train.  Petite is strength training, so she is burning more and faster working with weights.

So it is entirely possible that she is gaining the muscle as body fat goes on holiday.  I agree that weight loss has much more to do with diet, but strength training amps the hell out fat loss while adding some nice useful muscle at the same time.  I am surprised you threw excrement around like that when she is doing well, it isn't like you to rain on a parade!

• Heart 1

50 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Coupla things.  Most folks can gain a pound of muscle a week if they are really getting after it, at least for two or three months (depending on size/age/capacity to recover), after that is when you really have to be a rockstar to gain muscle at a similar rate.  Secondly, when you do attack a workout strategy that is new or newish, those damaged/recovering tissues tend to hang onto more squishy water weight for a while, too, that whole DOMS thing is pesky.

The increased metabolic rate for muscle burn/muscle building is exponentially greater than aerobic activity, which is why if you want to really get lower body fat and not skinny fat, you positively have to strength train.  Petite is strength training, so she is burning more and faster working with weights.

So it is entirely possible that she is gaining the muscle as body fat goes on holiday.  I agree that weight loss has much more to do with diet, but strength training amps the hell out fat loss while adding some nice useful muscle at the same time.  I am surprised you threw excrement around like that when she is doing well, it isn't like you to rain on a parade!

I think she will be more inline with muscle toning than building but any effort at all is to be commended.  I don't think SW was harsh, just realistic and set out realistic expectations. 

My weight has more or less stabilized at 40lbs lower than peak.  I am happy with that and further would require severe dietary changes.  That is something I am not willing to endure.  Why live long if you can't enjoy life?  Food is a pleasure and shan't be from from a tub of powdered protein. :)  

• Heart 1

I STRONGLY recommend - DITCH THE SCALE. Ignore it for a MONTH. Continue your workouts, and then see where you are.

I can lose six pounds or more on a hard bike ride. It would be nuts to think 3 pounds matters. Why stress over those small losses and gains, when the real answer is "sustained loss" (waiting that month or so to see it), actual improvements in your health (physical and mental) which aren't shown on a scale, and getting the overall body you are aiming for (a long term project)?

Tom