So it begs asking

Airehead

43 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Not sure if I'll CX race, but a friend that I ride with is trying to talk me into it :blink: so who knows. He did his first CX race a few weeks ago and had a blast.

It really is a blast.  If I can race cross, shirley you can.  You can easily go at your own speed.  I PROMISE you that there will be someone slower than you out there.  It is immensely more fun that a triathlon.  Those people are wound too tight.  Numbers, drag coefficients, watts, wheel/tire rolling resistance....It numbs my brain.  Cross is like "lets drink some beer, ride hard and get muddy!"  

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, Zephyr said:

I'd love to ride up Mt Washington with @Square Wheels.  I think the buildup, training and inspiration online to encourage each other would be a great experience with the epic end of doing (and crushing) the climb.

Not sure if I ever want to do it again.  For me, it was that hard.

We'll see about August 2018.  I am trying to get in shape for the hill run in June and I want a good time for the century in July.  If that finds me 20 pounds lighter like I am working toward, and a lot stronger physically than I am now, I may give it another shot.

You in?

8 hours ago, UglyBob said:

I'm all over it next time I'm over there. I remember a while back you mentioned where you were riding and I had been in the same area that day at the same time.

Oh wow! Yeah man let me know next time you are out my way.  We're thinking of doing Spring Training again now that it wont conflict with my son's baseball schedule.  Youre in AZ right?

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

You in?

Not in 2018.  Daughter 2 is going to school in Australia and we are helping to get her settled there (financially, not physically - yet) and we have to travel East to see our aging parents as we have not been home in a couple years.  My travel budget for 2018 is a little maxed right now.  I am jealous of you being so close.  

I'd like to meet everyone, especially the Forum pets.  :nodhead:  But the more people post about where they live and the things they do, the more I'd like to see all the places I've read about - scenic Greenville, the dirigible, waterfalls, SH's animals and scenery, DH's trails (although it's not easy to schralp on a trike) etc. and i still want to go to Barley John's with Petite!

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Oh wow! Yeah man let me know next time you are out my way.  We're thinking of doing Spring Training again now that it wont conflict with my son's baseball schedule.  Youre in AZ right?

Yup. I live near the Peoria sports complex where the Mariners and the Padres train.

18 minutes ago, Kirby said:

I'd like to meet everyone, especially the Forum pets.  :nodhead:  But the more people post about where they live and the things they do, the more I'd like to see all the places I've read about - scenic Greenville, the dirigible, waterfalls, SH's animals and scenery, DH's trails (although it's not easy to schralp on a trike) etc. and i still want to go to Barley John's with Petite!

You do mean my city of Greenville Indiana, right?  The real, OG Greenville.

26 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

You do mean my city of Greenville Indiana, right?  The real, OG Greenville.

I'd like to see your kids at a tri or some other sporting event.  I love hearing about them and seeing the pics of them growing up.

• Heart 3

2 hours ago, Dunning Kruger said:

I would love to meet Cheese.  And wrestle with him in one of those muddy oily pits whilst wearing only underwear.

Have a great lunch y'all!

DK

But only apparently if it is previously swapped under drawers 

• Awesome 1