Some people are dense

Airehead

Just now, Further said:

I've run into this a lot. It's not that they're stupid, they are just unchangeable. Once they know something it is carved in stone, even if it's wrong.

I should let it go but it is so annoying.  Maybe if I was a Shaker, I'd know how to handle it with grace.  Hmm-- I think I would be dead if I was a Shaker.

4 minutes ago, Further said:

I've run into this a lot. It's not that they're stupid, they are just unchangeable. Once they know something it is carved in stone, even if it's wrong.

Yeah, Ive often wanted to ask one of these people if they ever stop to think about why someone is disagreeing with them.

• Heart 1

I have a know it all sister and after I bought my VW Tiguan we had the following discussion.

Oh nice car, what is it?

VW Tiguan.

Uh, no it's called a Toureg

That's the other model, this is a Tiguan.

UH NO! It's called a Toureg

UH No, Tiguan

They don't make a car called that, it's called Toureg

Look, I f'ing know what car I bought, come here (to back of car) what does that say?

Tiguan... hmmm I could've sworn they were called Touregs... 

Me thinking: Just shoot me, wait f that I'll freaking shoot you...

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

Are any Shakers still around?  I thought the Shakers died out because they didn't believe in sex and had no progeny to keep that faith alive.  I remember some documentary that featured a couple old ladies who were supposedly the last of that faith.

They made great, practical furniture though. I once got a dovetail joint maker to go with my router, so I made a tall shaker-style dresser that I saw Norm Abram make on PBS's New Yankee Workshop, making mine out of cheap pine, plywood, and veneer.

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I used to be a Baptist. I have had people try to tell me what I believed. Makes you want to choke them. Hey dumb ass, which one of us is the Baptist here? Don’t tell me what I believe.

John you're reminding me of a theme about the padre in Catch-22, 'No, we don't believe that, I'm an Anabaptist.'

• Heart 2