Apropos of jsharr's chicken fried steak

parodybot

1 minute ago, pedalphile said:

Something I allus struggle to understand with American food shows is the stuff they call gravy but is not brown in colour. All gravy is brown here, if a sauce is another colour, white or yellow or cream, it's called sauce.

That is easy to explain.

We American are right.

You ignorant non Americans are wrong.

You call desert pudding.  This proves my point.  This is wrong.

And by America, I mean United States, not Canada, or South or Central Americans.  They are wrong too.

Now shut up and eat your gravy.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, parodybot said:

That is easy to explain.

We American are right.

You ignorant non Americans are wrong.

You call desert pudding.  This proves my point.  This is wrong.

And by America, I mean United States, not Canada, or South or Central Americans.  They are wrong too.

Now shut up and eat your gravy.

It's even more worse than you suspect, we call 1 pudding Spotted Dick, and this we love to put into our mouths.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, pedalphile said:

Something I allus struggle to understand with American food shows is the stuff they call gravy but is not brown in colour. All gravy is brown here, if a sauce is another colour, white or yellow or cream, it's called sauce.

Everything there is called "pudding" don't bother denying it.  Eggs?  "pudding".  Broccoli?  "pudding".   Chicken? "pudding".

Anything not called pudding is Bisto.  I like Bisto, though, it is handy!

• Heart 1

16 hours ago, parodybot said:

the white stuff that comes with the spotted dick is sauce, not gravy.

True enough, and it is English through & through, it even says so on the tin, it is sauce Anglais. Who ever heard of a pudding with gravy? Unless it was a Yorkshire pudding of course. But that's a dinner thing, not a dessert.

16 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Everything there is called "pudding" don't bother denying it.  Eggs?  "pudding".  Broccoli?  "pudding".   Chicken? "pudding".

Anything not called pudding is Bisto.  I like Bisto, though, it is handy!

See above. Toad in the Hole, pudding with snorkers.

• Heart 1

18 hours ago, pedalphile said:

In heaven, the cops are all British. 

The cooks are all British in hell. 

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, pedalphile said:

I love you dinosaur Americans, do you realise the world's best restaurant is in Yorkshire? of course you don't.

Yeah, about that....

https://www.eater.com/worlds-50-best-restaurants-awards/2017/4/5/15184950/worlds-50-best-restaurants-2017

https://www.forbes.com/sites/karlaalindahao/2017/04/05/worlds-50-best-restaurants-2017-eleven-madison-park-wins-top-spot/#1b1935577eab

14 minutes ago, parodybot said:

I actually ate pretty well when I was in London.  I was with QE and daughter, and her parents were there at the same time, so we went to restaurants that the parents wanted to go to, and they picked well.

Brits do good things with mushrooms, I decided.  Beans are better there, too.

Just now, Randomguy said:

I actually ate pretty well when I was in London.  I was with QE and daughter, and her parents were there at the same time, so we went to restaurants that the parents wanted to go to, and they picked well.

Brits do good things with mushrooms, I decided.  Beans are better there, too.

The beans are better because there has never been a good pot of chili made in England.