Cincinnati

The_Karen_Cooper_Incident

I'm visiting Cincinnati for the next few days.  I think I'm flying in planes made in Canada to get there.

I used to live in Cincinnati.  I never really felt home there.  It was like wearing a suit that was two sizes too small.  However at the time, Cleveland was my only reference. 

I was so young and vulnerable back then, when I lived in Cincinnati.  I was my early twenties and extremely naïve with clouded dreams and aspirations; all of which I ruined with booze and late night visits to White Castle.

I already miss Bo.

DK

• Awesome 1
  • Confused 1

I felt the same way when I lived there, I didn't fit in. I heard, "well, you're not from here." A lot. Now I'm not there and like it that way.

open house last Sunday. Five visitors. One didn't like that the basement was unfinished. Another didn't like the stucco on part of the exterior. One guy liked the first floor master as he has an aging parent. Is waiting for a 1st quarter 2018 bonus before he buys.

• Heart 1

Just now, Dunning Kruger said:

My flight has been delayed twice due to weather in Newark.  I might not even be able to go now.

I'll certainly miss my connecting flight.  I have a backup flight at 8:30 tonight.

Should be a good time.

DK

You don't want to miss Ohio, it might have improved slightly since you left.

My only visit to Cincy was at the airport. I was a member of my county's Landfill Laws Commission and we were being taken to a place in Kentucky on the Ohio River to see the operation that picked up railroad cars full of coal, and inverted them over a metal belt that carried the coal to barges.  The barges then went Ohio-Mississippi-Gulf-Atlantic-Chesapeake and delivered the coal to a coal-fired power plant in our county.  Since we didn't have any authority over Kentucky, I wondered why they wanted us to see that end of the operation and not the transfer to the coal piles at the power plant in Maryland. The Kentucky operation was clean and didn't waste coal. We ended up approving it without requiring new laws: the existing ones limited the allowed spillage the dock in Maryland and was easily monitored and they didn't want to waste coal, either.

3 minutes ago, Airehead said:

We here are disappointed.  You miss the C@T but not your beautiful walking partner?  No worries, she is busy plotting how to outsmart the Airedales and steal all the bones.  Mr. Aire would have dropped you off

Let's see how you feel about Ylva tomorrow.

That dog ain't tight in the head.

DK

• Heart 2