Tonight's beer

BR46

No beer yet but I have a lot to choose from. Arrogant Bastard, Ruination, Mocha Merlin, and Mad Elf. Got off work at 3:30 and did the snow-panic grocery shopping: tortilla chips, jalapeno, green onions, and half and half. Got home and dressed for a cold ride. Only 38 but it feels colder when the sun goes down. 16.8 miles, 1:04, 15.6 avg. 4,435 for the year. I might go to Vienna Inn for some chili dogs, fries and a draft beer.

• Awesome 1

4 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Last night I had a Swee****er 420 and chased it with a nut brown ale.  My goofy cow-orkers didn;t follow my lead and drank Rolling Rock. :scratchhead::wacko:

Any day I can have a Swee****er 420 is a very good day indeed. :)

Why don't you just spell it the normal way, remembering the LF fondly?

My wife and I were coming home from a shopping trip buying Christmas presents for the grandkids. We were both hungry and my wife asked If the food was any good at the new gas station. Sheetz tore down their gas station/convenience store that wasn't very old. They bought the neighboring property which included a large two story brick building that housed the hardware store, a realty company and upstairs apartments. They tore that down too and put in a Super Sheetz. It has a full kitchen and a dining room plus all the things you expect from a convenience store and they sell beer. We stopped and ordered Italian sub sandwiches, my wife got an unsweetened ice tea and I decided to have a beer just because I could. I picked out a nice double IPA and took it to the checkout and the girl said they didn't sell that in single bottles. I told her the cooler I took it from had a sign on the door that said available in singles, six packs, and twelve packs. I ask what kind of beer was available in singles and she said anything in cans. I went back and looked and all they had in cans was crap beer. I grabbed a can of Seagram's Jamaican Me Happy. It was a 16 oz. can and 8% alcohol. I didn't taste very good and it made me sleepy. 

• Sad 1

Just now, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

We swapped beers at lunch today.  I thought the Mrs. would like a pilsner but she said it was too bitter.  I traded her my Conshohocken Ease Up saison for it. I liked the pilsner a tad better than the saison so it was a good trade. :)

I love a decent Saison.  Probably my current favorite is a local brew pub that makes  what I call the Quad-S.  The Spicy, Salty, Session Saison.

It matches the description perfectly in a good way.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Further said:

I spent some time with a Merry Monk, excellent companion !

Am now meeting a Narwhal, Sierra Nevada introduced us. Sneaky fellow, excellent taste & manners, but I feel he would rob your good sense and leave you babbling nonsense while you gave back things you didn't even steal.  

Merry Monk should win some awards. Damn good beer. :)

• Heart 1