Go Navy!

Parr8hed

Just now, ChrisL said:

GO ARMY beat Navy!  I do believe I'm the only Army dog who frequents this joint. Lots of Navy and Air Force.

Pebs and FY were both Army, but I don't recall seeing them around here much.  Seems to be a pretty strong Navy presence here.  Good luck today (though I hope you get your ass kicked! :D)

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Pebs and FY were both Army, but I don't recall seeing them around here much.  Seems to be a pretty strong Navy presence here.  Good luck today (though I hope you get your ass kicked! :D)

Well that is the usual outcome... The uni' s look cool this year.  Spent some time training with a bunch of guys from the 10th Mountain Division. Solid troops and good dudes.

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I suspect it's only a matter of time before football as we know it evolves into a cool version of flag football.

It already has. Below was a legal tackle in the '60s. BTW: I meet the big guy, Ben Davidson, while riding RAGBRAI in the '90s. He'd ridden it 7 or 8 times.

20120703__raidersdavidson3.jpg

3 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I have one son in North Carolina who is a Navy vet and one in Georgia who is career Army. The back and forth banter between them last night on Facebook was fun to watch. I didn’t watch the game, I watched my sons.:D

I'm a 4th generation Army guy as are my brothers. Two of my sister's married former Marines and the trash talk was epic between us.  Then another sister remarried and her husband is retired Air Force.  Ever see Army and Marine work in harmony to bash somebody?  Funny how that works....

But it's all in good fun, we all get along really well.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ltdskilz said:

Really, I feel for that kicker. Knocking one in from 45 yards on a frozen field is no easy task.

Yea, frozen fields, falling snow, slippery, pressure of the last second win.... That would have been a hard, hard kick.  Looked like he had enough leg?  Poor kid will second guess himself for the rest of his life.  

There wasn't a much joy in Mudville, I mean Central Maryland, this weekend as Navy just barely lost to Army and the Ravens just barely lost to their archrivals, the Steelers.

Still, the ravens have now scored 44 and 38 points in their last two games and have the tiebreakers to win a playoff spot if they win the next three weeks against three awful teams, the last two at home: @CLE, IND, and CIN.

My Ravenskins need 9 fantasy points (30 yds receiving/rushing and a TD or 90 yds receiving/rushing) from NE's WR Brandon Cooks tonight against Miami to become the #2 seed in the two-week playoff beginning next week in the CBS Battling Baby Boomers Fantasy Football League that I run each year. If I lose I'm out of the playoffs.  Cooks is projected by CBS to get 9.4 pts so I'm a 52% favorite to win.