How Y’all, Youse and You Guys Talk

dinneR

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Boston/Worcester/Providence

That was cool.  I grew up in a city that touched Boston, now work in Boston.

I suspect there may be some cheating too.  They can look up the location of where your logging in from and use that to help narrow down the options.

I logged in more than 1000 miles from my hometown. It's just picking where those words are most commonly used. Like soda vs pop vs coke. Or dinner vs supper. you cross reference a few and it gives you an answer. 

I've lived in four places and it picked the one where I grew up. Age 3-23. That makes the most sense to me as it's where I developed language and it stuck with me.

13 minutes ago, dennis said:

I logged in more than 1000 miles from my hometown. It's just picking where those words are most commonly used. Like soda vs pop vs coke. Or dinner vs supper. you cross reference a few and it gives you an answer. 

I've lived in four places and it picked the one where I grew up. Age 3-23. That makes the most sense to me as it's where I developed language and it stuck with me.

I agree, and it is was fun.  Just pointing out that they can use your location to help narrow location choices.