Just so you know, it is probably not a good idea to stress eat cookies at night

Randomguy

6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Cereal, toast, peanut and jelly sandwiches, pizza...  I'm not selective.

This is what happens when you don't eat enough during the day, at least to me it does.  It also happens if I fully wake up and can't get back to sleep sometimes.  Or if I am stressed as hell, as is normal these days.

Food is addictive as all hell, specifically certain types of high GI foods that flood your brain with happy "I just ate a load of highly processed foods rich in sugar and easily convertible sugars" like you described.  I want some now, but I will have more tea instead, then make a salad.  I will probably stress eat some other crap later. :(

Just now, Square Wheels said:

Nope, I can eat a big supper, go to bed, wake up an hour later NOT hungry, and I'll still go eat.  I get up many times each night.  I can't remember the last time I didn't eat at night.

What if you just didn't eat at night? 

Wouldn't it be great if it were that simple?  It actually is that simple, and that is what is so grating about it, that I know better and still do it.  I really suck sometimes.

5 minutes ago, Dickbag said:

Food is addictive as all hell, specifically certain types of high GI foods that flood your brain with happy "I just ate a load of highly processed foods rich in sugar and easily convertible sugars" like you described.  I want some now, but I will have more tea instead, then make a salad.  I will probably stress eat some other crap later. :(

STOP IT!!!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I don't think I have ever woken up in the middle of the night to eat.  I've heard of this phenomenon, but I don't understand it.  There has been times when I didn't eat enough, and couldn't fall asleep.  I've gotten out of bed, eaten something and finally went to sleep.  

Stress eat?  How about boredom eat?  I've done that at times.

9 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I don't think I have ever woken up in the middle of the night to eat.  I've heard of this phenomenon, but I don't understand it.  There has been times when I didn't eat enough, and couldn't fall asleep.  I've gotten out of bed, eaten something and finally went to sleep.  

It is mainly just a couple of evening hours that challenge me.  Thankfully the middle of the night is one time that is safe!

• Heart 1

24 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Comfort eat.  Homemade pizza is comfort food for me, so I do that a lot.