Happy Monday

petitepedal

I could use another day off :whistle:

Snow and freezing rain coming down now...an awesome commute starting very soon :frantics:

Gonna do a quick cardio workout tonight after work...without picking up RG...got a board meeting here about 6:45PM and I got a note under my door...a resident board member...who is a lawyer sent it out....concerns on how the $$$$ is being spent...I would take Friday off...but the BB dogs are coming Friday....and Monday we are doing lunch together as staff ....

1 minute ago, Chris... said:

Already?

Yes.  I have been here two years. (actually 2 years, 2 months).  They have changed the clinic from M-W-F to 6 days a week.  This has me working every other Sat.  I told them back in the summer that weekends are not going to work for me.  Softball, bike racing and camping all happen on Sat.  So they  got a replacement for me here.  I will stay in dialysis, stay with the company but now I am going to be a float nurse.  I will go around to different facilities covering call-ins, vacations, give charge nurses time off the floor to catch up on non-clinical duties, etc.  It is a position that they kinda created for me when I gave them notice that I was looking for something else.  It will be good for this region to have a back-up, currently there is none.  If I were to call in or have to leave early there is almost nobody to cover that.  This position will have a ton of flexibility.  Money is almost the same, if not maybe even better once you throw in travel.  It's really a win-win for me and the region.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

48 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I had an early morning swim at 5am this morning. I had to share the pool with two old ladies swimming laps. What’s up with these old people getting here at 5 am? I swam a quarter mile with no pain. Gym workout also went good.

F5C4AF4F-9DAB-43C1-B185-0751C5C2275A.jpeg

D0EC6958-E14E-4862-A986-967F04F70CC4.jpeg

I HATED the early morning swims for IM training.  HATED.  

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

The nice part of early morning swims is you are not blinded by the sun while doing back stroke. Our pool building has a glass roof.

I never did back.  Only free.  Lots and lots of free.  And some glide drills and technique drills.  

• Heart 1

Morning. Woke up to about 30 inches of fresh snow this morning. Got it all cleaned up and was at work before 8. Sounds like another 10-12 inches by Wednesday.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Morning. Woke up to about 30 inches of fresh snow this morning. Got it all cleaned up and was at work before 8. Sounds like another 10-12 inches by Wednesday.

Wow They should have moved the football game to Watertown.

My sister in law and niece had to drive through there yesterday, south on route 81. Hopefully they did OK. Haven't heard otherwise.

2 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Gonna do a quick cardio workout tonight after work...without picking up RG..

Extra time with the hookers, yay!!!

I can't do upper body two days in a row.  Every other day is fine with the third day off every now and then.   If I go really hard, at this point I need to work out every three days to be completely recovered.

25 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Wow They should have moved the football game to Watertown.

My sister in law and niece had to drive through there yesterday, south on route 81. Hopefully they did OK. Haven't heard otherwise.

Watertown didn’t get squat. 

We had snow Saturday until about 9 pm, but it was only about 4".  By the time I went outside Sunday around 12:30 pm EST to pick up a pizza and subs order for the NFL games, the streets and sidewalks were clear due to the Sunny, 42F weather.  There were 3"-4" on the roof/windshield/hood of my car but an Ice/Snow rubber squeegee on a pole knocked it all off in a few minutes - there was no ice stuck to the car underneath.

Last year I didn't have to shovel snow a single time: all the snows were light and warm weather cleared the sidewalks the next day.  But I fear we're going to get paid back this year, where Dec. is starting off colder.  Besides, it will take me much longer to shovel snow because of my healing shoulder so we'll probably have a couple 2-foot snows.