Sign in to follow this  
Razors Edge

Another Teacher Gone Bad

...and surely a bunch of folks on the sidelines shaking their heads.

----------------------------

According to deputies, Baber allegedly began a sexual relationship with a 15-year-old male student in 2016, which continued "on a regular basis." Deputies said Baber also provided the minor with marijuana and alcohol, according to court documents.

The relationship was first reported to law enforcement last week after the boy's father received an anonymous email asking whether he knew his teenage son was in a sexual relationship with Baber, according to court documents. Attached to the email were several photos of Baber and the boy in bed together.

According to court documents, Baber and the teenager were caught in bed by Baber's husband on Dec. 5.

On Dec. 15, deputies arrested Baber on suspicion of third-degree rape, third-degree sodomy, contributing to the sexual delinquency of a minor, first-degree online sexual corruption of a minor and unlawful delivery of marijuana to a person under 18 years of age.

Deputies said Baber formerly taught at Logos Christian Academy in Springfield, but the school's website still has Baber listed as an instructor in the English Department.

According to her biography posted on the website, Baber teaches language and literature, writing and speech communication. She received a degree in English from Northwest Christian University in 2014.

"Andrea has always felt called to work with youth and is very excited that God opened the door for her to be part of the Logos team. She lives with her husband, dog and cat just south of Eugene," her biography reads.

Busted.jpg.283b8887e013b2067ca757bfa9bd5730.jpg

Tom

On 12/19/2017 at 11:55 AM, pedalphile said:

I know I shouldn't axe, but 3rd degree sodomy?

A person commits the crime of sodomy in the third degree if the person engages in deviate sexual intercourse with another person under 16 years of age or causes that person to engage in deviate sexual intercourse.

(2)Sodomy in the third degree is a Class C felony. [1971 c.743 §112]

Under age qualifies as unable to give consent thus deviate.

5 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

Surely we can pin this on DeVos and then move it to P&R, allowing this nice subforum the peace it's otherwise seen for the past several weeks.

Seems reasonable enough to me.

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 12:42 AM, Indy said:

Where were these teachers when I was in school?  I might have actually liked high school then.  :(

On ‎29‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:31 PM, Prophet Zacharia said:

Do you really want your son having sex with his teacher when he is 15?

Indy channelled Trump like this before there even was Trump.

On ‎12‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 12:31 PM, Prophet Zacharia said:

Do you really want your son having sex with his teacher when he is 15?

My so just turned 40, so don't have to worry about that. Although, when he was 17, he was busted for shoplifting condoms. How do you get upset with him about that! Even the judge couldn't keep a straight face as he sentenced to community service and deferred adjudication so didn't have a record.