Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Longjohn

My gym workout

I started regular workout at the gym again after my rotator cuff surgery I had Oct. 28

i started physical therapy the next week and it was at the fitness center I’m a member off. After my PT I stayed around and worked whatever I could without hurting my shoulder. I recovered in record time and I asked about trying swimming. I was given the ok to try it but to stop if it was painful. I am now swimming a quarter mile a day. I’m going slow but getting it done. After my swim I go to the gym and do the routine they had me doing in PT. From there I work my abs, do some leg work and usually finish with a mile on the dreadmill. I keep telling myself I need to increase my mileage but during my run I talk myself out of it. I’m getting faster. Here is today’s run.

50926BF6-34AE-469C-ABB6-67CD29634C5C.thumb.jpeg.d1beccde52c0416025c90ac788cd1338.jpeg

i started taking an aerobics class on Wednesday because my favorite hot aerobics instructor talked me into it. She could probably talk me into just about anything. So there I am, me and 13 women sweating away for a full hour. I discovered I’m not real coordinated when it comes to kick boxing.:blush: They also do a workout called pound using drumsticks. It is a ton of fun but I was sore last week the two days after class. Today there was a girl slightly to the right front of me that was somewhat distracting (I’m not complaining) she evidently not wearing a bra, just a tee shirt. No wonder I get my moves mixed up. I think I like being retired.

31 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

:facepalm: I thought you of all people hued to the running is eville mantra. :(

So far I haven't broken any body parts running. Weight bearing exercise is supposed to strengthen bones, I need strong bones, tired of breaking bones every time I crash.

It's funny because the gym in the early morning hours when I am there is over run with old people. There is a whole row of dreadmills with people walking on them and I get up there and start running. Nobody pays any attention now because I do it every day but at first I think they were waiting for me to keel over.