Gump

1 hour ago, Thaddeus Kosciuszko said:

-30?

It's a pretty sure bet you won't see that Kzoo fellow showing up to mow your lawn today.

Or any other day:angry:

Just now, smudge said:

So you're at about +40?? I'll be right there to ride the Roubaix with shorts and t-shirt!!!  :skipping:

I am wearing short sleeves today.  Saw a guy in shorts and t shirt out for his morning walk this AM.  Also saw a neighbor in winter weight leggings, fur lined boots, a parka and a knit hat and scarf walking her dog....  Stupid Texicans....

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Zackny said:

Two years ago we left Haiti at 3 pm. It was 90 degrees in Port Au Prince. Less than 12 hours later it was -34 when we got home. 

Two years ago in February it was 90 when we left Santiago, DR. With the storms we were on the last flight to get out of JFK before then closed it down.  Arrived at Ohare about midnight and our van to pick us up couldn't get there. Our heavy coats were in the van.  We spent 12 hours in the baggage claim area in light jackets. -20 outside. Very chilly inside. We spent the night sitting and laying on top of the heaters in baggage claim to stay warm. If I remember right we may have come home the same day you did.

• Heart 1

29 minutes ago, smudge said:

Oh good Lord.... :D

Yes.  I admit it.  I like Florida in the summer, Southern Japan in the hot season, Malaysia in August, Laos in the dry (summer) season and I even like living in VA Beach when the humidity is 95%.

I am a natural hot house creature living in a snow filled world.  :angry:

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

It was -14 F on Tuesday morning. Got up to 24 yesterday. Might hit 20 today before the next cold front comes through this afternoon. Lows near -15 on Saturday and Sunday. 

I have seen -34 twice. Once in college the morning we headed home for Christmas break. My beater 73 Capri started. My roommate’s BMW wouldn’t. ?

Second Time was about 10 years later. Cracked the head on my pickup. I guess it was common on Ford 2.9 V6. My brother lived in Long Beach at the time. They had a cold snap in the 20s. Natives were complaining about the brutal conditions. He had a very hard time explaining-34!

It was either 78 or 79 we got down to -46 at my parents house. In 86 we had 10 days straight where the high never got above -15, nights were -25 to -35.