Endings.....and beginnings...the journey!

petitepedal

OH Man that sounds profound!!  Well...I started a journey with the trainer...and I plan to add 4 more sessions...but the new beginning is...now the diet is gonna change....Not a lot mind you..but the last week or so has been kinda carb overload :runcirclsmiley:.....More veggies and protein...fewer carbs (I am not anti carb...but there is this quantity thing...as well as balance... lately way more carbs...very few veggies :whistle:  I knew the holidays would not be a great time food wise...but hey...

New Year....new challenges...new beginnings...I am not into RESOLUTION....change is good...and making things better for yourself or others...

What have got on your agenda for 2018?   I turn 60 in 2018...gotta do something on the scale of "The Great Adventure"

• Heart 4

47 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

OH Man that sounds profound!!  Well...I started a journey with the trainer...and I plan to add 4 more sessions...but the new beginning is...now the diet is gonna change....Not a lot mind you..but the last week or so has been kinda carb overload :runcirclsmiley:.....More veggies and protein...fewer carbs (I am not anti carb...but there is this quantity thing...as well as balance... lately way more carbs...very few veggies :whistle:  I knew the holidays would not be a great time food wise...but hey...

New Year....new challenges...new beginnings...I am not into RESOLUTION....change is good...and making things better for yourself or others...

What have got on your agenda for 2018?   I turn 60 in 2018...gotta do something on the scale of "The Great Adventure"

Awesome PP, good goals to have.  I've made a concerted effort to limit starches and just eat less and it's made a huge difference for me. I already limited sugar due to diabetes but it was the starches, breadn& potato mainly that did me in. 

I'm planning on a century in the fall and a 40 mile mountain bike "race" in March.  Maintain weight for sure but see if I can drop another 15 lbs. But really just stay the course.

I want to maintain my fitness and weight (and maybe lose 5 lbs), and to ride 5 California Triple Crown doubles.  My long distance mentor will ride his 100th CTC double in March, and will be inducted into the CTC Hall of Fame for that in Sept .  That Sept weekend is a somewhat difficult double century, the Knoxville Double Century, starting in Vacaville.  I want to be able to ride that double and be there for the awards breakfast the next day.

If I ride 5 this year that will give me 26 total. 

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

I'm going to try not to crash this year. An upside to my crash this April is I got my shoulder repaired, I can do things now that I had to quit doing several years ago. I didn't even know they could fix it, I just thought it was worn out from a lifetime of hard physical labor. I'm thinking any big adventures this year are going to be done on the cheap. Between medical bills that insurance didn't cover and having to help someone out financially things look a bit tight this year.

Longjohn reminded me of these forums at the bicyling FB page, and I see I had joined quite awhile back!  My in-laws just started weight watchers, congrats to them and to square wheels :)  I barely rode a bike this year, but strava says a bit over 200 miles, which I don't recall.. lol.  As my kiddos have gotten older, I've begun to ride less for reasons such as chauffeur to them, but more b/c of getting run over.  I want to come home.  So I started running, quicker workouts, and feel safer.  But this year I plan to ride more, gravel roads and mnt bike if nothing else.  But roadie is what I really love, so a goal is 1000 miles on the road for me.  Building a 29'er mnt bike for spring, and I'm excited to finally get off the 26", even though my new bike will be fully rigid.  No big deal, I rarely ride longer than an hour, so who needs a fork anyways?! :) 

• Awesome 2

My cardiologist gave me a stern look and a weight loss goal yesterday, so I have to get serious about that. But my main goals this coming year have more to do with my writing. I will be creating my own publishing imprint and moving my books to a new platform that will allow for wider distribution, making them available to bookstores and libraries. I'll be making that jump when the new book is finished. I'm also going to be starting a new series and I will query agents with that. Now that I have a little more experience and my voice is more developed, I want to go the traditional route with the new series. I've been making some good contacts in the industry and have been told it's time. I'm still going to keep the first series going, but continue to self-publish that one.

• Heart 2

8 hours ago, az_cyclist said:

I want to maintain my fitness and weight (and maybe lose 5 lbs), and to ride 5 California Triple Crown doubles.  My long distance mentor will ride his 100th CTC double in March, and will be inducted into the CTC Hall of Fame for that in Sept .  That Sept weekend is a somewhat difficult double century, the Knoxville Double Century, starting in Vacaville.  I want to be able to ride that double and be there for the awards breakfast the next day.

If I ride 5 this year that will give me 26 total. 

Good luck and safe riding AZ! 

• Heart 2

9 hours ago, jbrow1 said:

Longjohn reminded me of these forums at the bicyling FB page, and I see I had joined quite awhile back!  My in-laws just started weight watchers, congrats to them and to square wheels :)  I barely rode a bike this year, but strava says a bit over 200 miles, which I don't recall.. lol.  As my kiddos have gotten older, I've begun to ride less for reasons such as chauffeur to them, but more b/c of getting run over.  I want to come home.  So I started running, quicker workouts, and feel safer.  But this year I plan to ride more, gravel roads and mnt bike if nothing else.  But roadie is what I really love, so a goal is 1000 miles on the road for me.  Building a 29'er mnt bike for spring, and I'm excited to finally get off the 26", even though my new bike will be fully rigid.  No big deal, I rarely ride longer than an hour, so who needs a fork anyways?! :) 

Welcome back both to cycling and the forum! 

• Heart 1