Road Runner

59 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Fun times! I was listening to Sirius First Wave and Private Idaho came on.  I had a flash back of my kids when they were like 2 & 4 bouncing around the back of my car as I played the cassette in my car.  They loved the B52's.

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, team scooter said:

In 1989 the Mrs got her new Chili Pepper Red Super Sport Wagon with the CB radio and the optional Rally Fun Pack.

Anyone remember station wagons? They were the SUV of their time. ;)

I remember.  My parents a '87 Cavalier Z24 just like this...I liked the car alot. It was before I got my license, but I did get to drive it :D

883722dd74755bb00eacb876b0304b60.jpg

and it had a real dope gauge cluster

31157870011_large.jpg

• Heart 1

I was traveling 5 - 6 days a week, every week, and had a wife at home with 3 kids, 2 in diapers.  I had no life.  I got on a plane on Sunday afternoon or 6am Monday morning and got off a plane at 11pm every Friday.  Saturday was WoKzoo's turn to be away from the kids.

Somehow she thought my life in Peoria, IL and San Francisco was a vacation.

• Heart 1

January 1989..... I was halfway through my junior year of high school.  I had my driver's license, and my POS Malibu was about to give up the ghost.  I had my first girlfriend.... and that relationship was about to go the same way. 

Basketball season was half over; we were enjoying the last year of our tiny home court which gave us a big advantage* against other teams who didn't have room to set up their offense.  We didn't have to worry about giving up the baseline 3 - because the 3-point line intersected the sideline way out near the foul line.  Games in that gym were loud, and sweaty, and intense... one of my very favorite memories of those days.  In that gym we lost a regulation 32-minute game, 103-96.  Run & gun!

(*of course this was a huge disadvantage when we played on the road in a regulation gym - with all that extra running we were all gassed by the 3rd quarter)

The miserable Top 40 offerings of 1988 had chased me away from popular music... in 1989 I was immersing myself in "classic rock".  In 1989 I was all about Led Zeppelin, and still discovering their albums.

Good times! .....and I say that without an ounce of sarcasm.  I really did enjoy high school.

• Heart 1